Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stop, Kneel and Roll

"Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass."
(Psalm 37:5)


I love this very familiar verse. Today, I discovered a deeper meaning for the word 'commit'. The Hebrew word used here is 'galal' (gah-lahl). It means to roll, roll down, roll away.

I want you to picture a camel. He has been trudging through the hot, barren desert, serving his master. The camel is burdened with a heavy load. Do you know how the camel removes the load? His master doesn't just lift it off. The camel must kneel (hmmmm...), tilt far to one side and the load rolls off! He has committed (galal) his work or burden to his master.

Isn't that beautiful? Just let that burden rol-l-l- off to the Master. But first, you must kneel.

Lord, Thank you for giving us a visual to help us relinquish our burdens, our troubles, our worries to You, knowing that You have everything in control. When we kneel, I know You'll be waiting. We love you, Lord.

3 comments :

  1. This is a very powerful post Nan! I'm so grateful I came across it today. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful for you. I love the concept too :)

      Delete
  2. God must have known I needed to come and sit with you awhile and read. This is just what I needed today! :-)

    ReplyDelete