Thursday, May 17, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ This Rose Will Endure

"He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those who are with young." ~Isaiah 40:11, NKJV

The sweet fragrance of the crimson rose consumed me. I closed my eyes and rested in its beauty, refreshed by its calming perfume. My spirit longed for the reassurance of God's Presence. I knew He was with me because of His promise, but at that moment I needed a reminder in my knower.

And then the Lord opened my eyes to see.

This rose survived a tumultuous beginning. It has been dug up several times by our four-legged family members. It was the main course at a summer feast hosted by invading Japanese beetles.  And the winter of 2011 dared this exquisite flower to stand strong and survive the brutal storms.

But survive it did. My crimson rosebush is thriving. Life flows through its stems and branches regardless of what it looks like on the outside. Its strength is within. The source of its beauty is within. No matter what life throws its way, this rose will endure.

Kind of like me.
Me and God, that is.

He cares for me. He carries me in His arms when the journey becomes too difficult. He leads me as a shepherd, guiding me through the rough terrain.

And because of His great love I survive the storms. The Japanese beetles. The ones trying to dig me up by the roots.

And because of His Spirit within me I always find a way to bloom again.

Can I get a witness?



Father, Thank You for loving us always. Thank You for carrying us in Your arms when we are too tired or frightened to go on. You are an amazing God. We love You Lord. You are our everything. We praise Your Holy Name!
*******************************************************
I would love for you to share this with your friends by forwarding the email or using the share button in the upper right-hand corner. Your support and encouragement means so much to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
******************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. I discovered a Christian singer named Tricia Brock. You are gonna love her song, "You Are My Shepherd".

9 comments :

  1. Wow, Nan...that's beautiful! You're an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vonda, do you know what that means coming from you? You have blessed me today. Thank you. Love you Lady V :)

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU PRECIOUS SISTER, I TRULY NEEDED THIS TODAY....YOU ARE A WONDERFUL BLESSING AND BEING USED SO MIGHTLY BY OUR WONDERFUL SAVIOR....GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU MY DEAR FRIEND...I LOVE YOU...HUGS TO YOU AND DAVID....

    JOY HUGS AND JESUS LOVE
    JOY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, as I wrote these words, your name came to mind several times. I know that you, too, will always find a way to bloom for the glory of God. Bless you sweetie!

      Delete
  3. Oh Mom, when I read this, all I could do was cry. This made me think of the situation I find myself in quite often...and even still, I find a way to bloom anyway! Like the rose, I'm gonna survive the storms! Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jamie. We all face trials from time to time, but with the Spirit of God within us, we will not be defeated as long as we keep our eyes on Him. Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving a comment. I love you.

      Delete
  4. Loved Loved Loved this. It is amazing to me how God uses your talents to reach so many people, including myself. Reading this Blessed me this morning in more ways than one. Keep up the excellent work. I Love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, my dear, are a crimson rose :)

      Delete
    2. I think that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you so much <3

      Delete