Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ With Noiseless Footfall

The following excerpt from God Calling, by A.J. Russell, blessed me so much, I feel compelled by the Holy Spirit to share it with you.

"Lord, come to us and heal us.

"I Am your Healer, your Joy, your Lord. You bid Me, your Lord, come. Did you not know that I am here? With noiseless footfall I draw near to you.

"Your hour of need is the moment of My Coming.

"Could you know My Love, could you measure My Longing to help, you would know that I need no agonized pleading.

"Your need is My Call."*

 "For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him." ~ Matthew 6:8, NKJV 

 My goodness. He knows our need even before we ask Him.
 
God is with us! If we would only open our eyes to see Him, open our hearts to receive His grace. I implore you to take a moment and let this reality sink in. We love a totally awesome God - full of splendor, mighty in power, overflowing with mercy. And, best of all, He is with us.

...with noiseless footfall I draw near to you...

I love that image.

 

* A.J. Russell, God Calling ( New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1945), 154.

******************************************

I would love for you to share this with your friends and encourage them to subscribe. With a subscription, Morning Glory will come to their inbox - free. Please help me spread the word.
******************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email please visit the Morning Glory page to worship the Lord along with Matt Redman as he sings, "1000 Reasons (to Bless the Lord). Hopefully it will be there as promised this time - **grin**
 

3 comments :

  1. Nan, I really needed this today. You don't know just how much! (Actually, you probably do.) I knew that God knows my need before I ask, but I really needed to be reminded of it. Thank you! I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jamie. You were one of those on my mind as I shared this. His Presence is powerful. His love is from everlasting to everlasting. And He is with you. Every moment of every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the entry and the song. I too needed a reminder. I'm so disconnected from the divine fountain lately... I feel like Martha, Martha... doing too many things at once and enjoying little. And we feel so lost without a sense of that divine presence and peace.

    ReplyDelete