Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Scriptures of Israel ~ Shalom Jerusalem

I'm not quite sure why, but I feel led to share my heart with you concerning Israel. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love Israel and my Jewish brothers and sisters - I have for many years. As I study the Scriptures, I find Jesus throughout the Old Testament. I know that the covenant I share with God is the same covenant made with Abraham, renewed through Moses, carried out through the Blood of Jesus. It is the same covenant that will lift me up into the heavenlies one day and allow me to sing praises around the throne of God for all of eternity.

As a Believer in Christ Jesus, it is the same covenant of which you partake.

In the book of Romans, Paul exhorts the church at Rome, which was primarily Christian Gentiles, to understand the relationship between Jews and Gentiles in God's overall plan of redemption:

"If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others, and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you." ~ Romans 11:17,18, NIV


Precious reader, WE are the wild olive shoot that has been grafted in. The root Paul refers to is Jewish, tracing all the way back to the Abrahamic covenant made in Genesis 17:1 & 7: "I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless...And I will establish My covenant between me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you."

John 4:22 reads, "...we worship what we do now, for salvation is from the Jews."

Israel needs our prayers. Desperately. Each day, rocket mortars speed through the skies on their deadly course, aimed at the children of God. Every. Day. An Iranian dictator is within months of completing a nuclear bomb that, from the moment of conception, was created for the destruction of Israel. Israel is standing alone in a den of enemies that are circling...circling...circling, ready to annihilate the people of the One True God.

It must not be.

As David cried out in Psalm 122:6-8, I cry out to you: "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels. For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, 'Peace be within you.'"

For the sake of my brothers and friends...Indeed.

Shalu Shalom Yerushayalim!
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem...



Father God, thank You for Your perfect plan of salvation - Your perfect plan that unites us with You, the plan that makes a way for you to dwell with Your people as in days of old. I think back to the Garden of Eden when You walked with Adam and Eve. You talked with them, You had rich  fellowship with them. And then sin entered and You, a Holy God, could no longer be with Your children. Lord, how Your heart must have been broken. But You never gave up. Thank You for that. I'm so thankful that You found a righteous man named Abram whom You could trust to be obedient and faithful. Lord, all through the centuries, You have woven Your righteous thread through Israel. Father God, You ARE the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Through their blood lines came the most precious Blood of all, the blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus. Sweet Jesus. Lord, open our eyes to see Your people Israel. Open our hearts to love them and pray for them and to understand that they are our brothers and sisters. Please help us understand this Lord. Show us how we can support them. I ask that You surround Israel with Your warring angels to keep Your people safe. Take away their fear. Give them favor in the eyes of other nations, especially America. Forgive us for turning our backs on them. And Lord, let Your children know Your Presence in tangible ways as they strive to be a beacon of Light in the midst of their enemies. Thank You Father. We praise Your Holy Name!
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, you won't want to miss the music video today. It is a Jewish song, "Shalom Jerusalem" by Paul Wilborn. There are beautiful scenes of Jerusalem throughout the video and the song will take you before God's throne. Hurry on over to the Morning Glory page. Sweet blessings to you!

5 comments :

  1. Scary times right now, and it is getting worse everyday. I agree, we must stand with Israel. They are God's chosen people. Your prayer was absolutely beautiful. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I believe this is a mandate from God. Thanks for stopping by. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Nan, yes, we need to stand with Israel. After all, God tells us that they are His chosen one! Beautiful post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie. And...because we are grafted in to their lineage, the Jews truly are our brothers and sisters. If only we could see that. Love you!

      Delete
  3. I pray and agonize over Israel everyday and what's happening there now...so much to take in... I really have to give this to the Lord, and know He is in control and shares my tears...and encourages me to stay in prayer knowing He will come back soon to a people humbled and turned back to Him!!
    Thanks, Nan!!
    Shalu Shalom Yerushalayim!!

    ReplyDelete