Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ They're B-A-A-A-C-C-K!!

I sat at my writing desk beneath the study's window. Out of the quiet came the shrill mocking tones of crows. Yep, they were back. Laughing once again.

Or were they?

I stood up to peer out the window towards my garden. Beside the corn stood three crows chattering back and forth. They cocked their heads toward my young corn and then faced each other in conversation, Caw! Caw! Their discussion appeared to be argumentative. I believe it was about the string placed strategically above the corn rows, **wink**. And then? The three scoundrels took flight.

It occurred to me: Satan is just like that.

If you recall, two weeks ago I wrote about having to completely replant my corn crop because of some gluttonous crows. (See Morning Glory: Those Laughing Crows, June 26, 2012.) The story goes, as the kernels were dropped tenderly into the soil for a second time, a group of crows sat in the surrounding treetops cackling as if to say our work were pointless. But this time we had a weapon. This time Audrey and I secured string right above the corn rows. The string would keep away the crows and we would have the last laugh.

In the same manner, the Name of Jesus will keep away Satan.
God's full armor will defeat the foe.
Praise will set the scoundrel running.

These are weapons of our warfare, just like the string in the garden.

As I watched the crows fly away, I thought of Satan's tactics - how he roams the earth as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). 

He is always on the periphery. 
Always scheming against us. 
Always mocking our attempt to walk this journey of faith.

But here is the good news, the grand news.

"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father'" ~ Romans 8:15

Today I wrestled with several insecurities - anxious thoughts, fearful imaginations. Then my sweet Jesus reminded me that I did not receive a spirit of bondage again to fear! He is my Daddy God - my Abba Father. The blood of His precious Son, Jesus, covers me. He surrounds me with His Presence. He song of praise fills me in the dark places.

Satan may be roaming about desiring me for dinner, but my Daddy God's got this. His love has set me free.



*********************************************************
Do you know someone who is facing some steep mountains? Would you consider sending them this message? It is my prayer that my readers will be strengthened for the battle through the words of my heart.
*********************************************************
This past weekend I was honored to be featured on Inspire A Fire, inspirational blog. Click here to view "Just Give Them Jesus", a true story of life and death at the Rocking 777s Horseback Ministry in Ashe County, NC.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. You will be taken to the heights of heaven as Kari Jobe sings, "What Love is This".

4 comments :

  1. Oh Nan, I needed this today! I feel as though I've been mocked for pursuing this journey of faith lately. Being mocked for wanting to go deeper and really dig in to see what God has for me. Thank you so much for this much-needed reminder. Love you precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I am so thankful this gave you encouragement. You are an amazing young woman of faith who inspires many. One thing is for sure: If you weren't doing something right for God, then Satan would not be so concerned about your life. He desperately wants to get you off track because you are such a strong witness for the Lord Jesus. Thank you for your ministry of love and encouragement. I love you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this. Today, the "crows" have mocked me. I have had a very hard day. Battling stress and anxiety and have been crying (a pity party), and I just can not snap out of it. I am sure Satan is laughing and enjoying this. I am trying so hard to focus on what you have taught me, take it one day, one moment at a time. Today, however, I am so overwhelmed I just can't calm down. I have read my Bible, Jesus calling and relaxation techniques (deep breathing as i say Shalom over and over). I need prayers from all warriors today, please. Do not feel like going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I love you so much. I'm so proud of you for going to VBS with us tonight. You honored God with your sacrifice and I know He met you there. I plead the blood of Jesus over you and remind Satan, that where the Blood is, he has no authority. I know it was a very hard day for you Christina, but God brought you through it and gave you the victory. You are one awesome woman of faith. I love you :)

      Delete