Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ Beyond Human Endurance

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


Not the beginning.

Not the long stretch where you find your stride.

The divine moment of the race is when the goal is in sight and courage is waning, nerves are tensing, muscles are giving out and the heart wants to give up ... THAT is when the Lord exchanges His strength for our weakness. THAT is when He gently lifts our chin, looks into our eyes and says, Child, do not be afraid. I am with you and I will help you.


"And then He told me,

'My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness'.

Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! 
And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." 
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9,10 The Message

 ********************************************
A Tweetable to Encourage Others 


**********************************************
Exciting things are happening! My first book, The Perils of a Pastor's Wife, is slated to release on June 30th. This morning my publisher sent me an email with a possible cover design. It took my breath away. I am beyond thankful. 

As the calendar marches closer to June, I'll be sharing more and more about Perils. I believe it's message will minister deeply to the pastor's wife in your little world. I cherish your prayers. Thanks.

No comments :

Post a Comment