Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ Ever Want to Speed Up the Clock?

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

"Moving the hands of a clock to suit you does not change the time."*

Oh, how I'm learning this lesson! I'm learning to live in the moment because God is in the moment with me, but it's a struggle not to take matters into my own hands. It's a struggle to wait on God and to trust Him in all things ... to trust in His sovereignty.

That's what is boils down to, isn't it?

His sovereignty. Absolute. Effectual. Excellent. Guiding. Highest. Majestic. Supreme Authority.

If I believe that the Lord has authority over all things, especially those things that concern me, then I must find a way to walk in the trust of that authority, for in that trust comes absolute peace. I'm learning to rest in the knowledge that the Lord has an appointed time for all things concerning me. His timing is perfect. His plan is bigger than my comprehension. 

And when I can stop trying to push His divine clock forward and wait on His perfect timing, my soul is at rest.

“This is what the Lord says—
    the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker:
Concerning things to come,
    do you question me about my children,
    or give me orders about the work of my hands?       
 It is I who made the earth
    and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
    I marshaled their starry hosts." 

~ Isaiah 45:11-12, NIV

If the Lord can stretch out the heavens, put the stars in place, if He can hold the seas in the hollow of His hands, then I believe He can be trusted with the intricacies of our lives. 

Isn't it nice not to carry this burden?

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

How can I find God's Presence while waiting? @NanJonesAuthor offers insight. (Click to Tweet)

*Stephen Merritt


****************************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page to worship with Darlene Zschech of Hillsong as she sings "Have Your Way." If you're struggling with something or if you're learning to trust God with all things, I know this song will give you strength for the journey.

No comments :

Post a Comment