Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Depth of Our Need

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

Today I am posting an excerpt from Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Word Day by Day. I believe you will find it to be comforting, encouraging and empowering.

"UNLIKE PEOPLE, CHRIST IS NEVER INTIMIDATED BY THE DEPTH OF OUR NEED AND THE DEMONSTRATION OF OUR WEAKNESS.

You, my Lord, are the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. You will not grow tired or weary, and Your understanding no one can fathom. You give strength to the weary and increase the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but when I hope in You, O, Lord, my strength will be renewed. I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:28-31).

Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you! (Jeremiah 32:17)."

Sweet friend, be encouraged today. El Roi, the God Who Sees, knows your struggles, sees your pain. You are not alone in your sorrow. Hope in Him today - completely, without reservation. He, alone, is your strength, your joy, and your peace.

2 comments :

  1. As soon as you mentioned Beth Moore, I could hear her speaking that thought fervently to others. Thank you so much for the verses of wisdom. I really like Isaiah 40, because you quickly image analogy of one's strength and the eagle.

    I will be encouraged today because His strength alone is everlasting and so strong.

    Blessings, Nan!
    Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has used Beth Moore to impact and change my life! And He has used you, Jewel, to bless my life. Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete