Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Am Yours, Lord

"The God of Israel spoke. The Rock of Israel said to me: 'The One who rules righteously, who rules in the fear of God, is like the light of morning at sunrise, like a morning without clouds, like the gleaming of the sun on the new grass after the rain.'" ~ 2 Samuel 23:3,4. NLT

A few nights ago I couldn't sleep. After tossing and turning throughout the hours of darkness, I rose, found my slippers and draped my robe around my shoulders. I quietly slipped out onto the porch and settled on the swing. The sky was dusted in midnight blue with just the slightest tinge of coral blush coming up over the mountain.

I rocked in the swing, feeling my Father's embrace. The crisp breeze chilled my cheeks. I snuggled deeper into my robe and set my gaze on the heavens. Coral blush melted into fuchsia and shades of deep purple. The morning star shone brilliantly, declaring the glory of my Redeemer.

My Redeemer. My Sovereign Lord. Elohim, the Creator of the Universe.

I know Him. I mean, really know Him. And He knows me. He knows me so well that He was fully aware of my sleepless night long before I turned my attention to Him. He knows me so well that He drew me by His Holy Spirit to meet with Him on my porch swing so we could share the morning masterpiece. He knows me so well that He knew that His gift of this sunrise would bring peace to my restless spirit. God is like that, you know.

Do you know Him? I mean, really know Him. There is nothing special about me - God is no respecter of persons. He doesn't play favorites. The love and the relationship He has with me is what He desires to have with you. What is your need today? Do you need to know in your knower that you are loved beyond words by an all-powerful, all-knowing Sovereign Lord? Do you need to know that He sees your pain, knows your fears and is not the least bit threatened by your doubts? Precious one, open your heart to receive His love. Sit quietly - be still - and listen to His gentle whispers. He is with you, surrounding you, guiding you, comforting you.

Jesus is like the light of morning at sunrise. His Spirit calls to us out of the darkness and beckons us to come. Follow His love.



Father, Thank you for loving us so completely. Thank You for calling us by name to come and be still before You. Teach us to listen, Lord. Teach us to recognize Your voice. You told us clearly in Your Word that we would know Your voice. Help us to walk in this knowledge. You are the Mighty God, maker of heaven and earth and yet You know us. Thank You, Lord. Teach us to come.
*************************************************************************************
If you have received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page to view a powerful music video by Casting Crowns. Sweet blessings to you, my friend.

2 comments :

  1. Loved it like always. You are such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee! I love seeing your name on here. Thank you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete