Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ My God is For Me

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in His majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, 'Destroy him!'" ~ Deuteronomy 33:26, NIV

I've got a hard head. A VERY. Hard. Head. And the farther into the fifties I go, the harder my noggin seems to get. Just ask my husband. **grin**

Time and time again the Lord shows me His faithfulness.
Time and time again He demonstrates His power and bathes me in His grace.
And time and time again I take my eyes off of Him and walk away from His gift of peace.

Aurrgghh!!

Why oh why do I do that? And why do you do it too?? ( I know you do, right?) We are a stubborn lot.

For years I have prayed, "Lord, open my eyes to see You, open my ears to hear You." The Lord has honored my prayers and done just that. It's like I have a radar that is tuned in to recognize God's Presence - not a twilight, creepy sort-of-thing - but a beautiful awareness that my Father is, indeed, with me always. I can see Him in the sunsets. I feel Him in a friend's laughter when I know she is burdened with pain. I find Him in the pure trust of a child's eyes and in the comfort of a gracious hand wrinkled with age. 

My God is with me! And...He is for me. So why do I worry and thrash about on my pillow during yet another sleepless night?

Because...I want to know what, when, where, how and why! That's why I worry.

But wait a minute. 
I know the what: My God is for me.
I know the when: Every moment of every day.
I know the where: His Presence surrounds me and dwells richly within me.
I know the how: By the power of His might through the precious Blood of Jesus.
And I know the why: His love for me knows no bounds.

And, for this old hard-headed girl, these answers are enough.

Now if I can just get my flesh to line up with my spirit. Know what I mean?



Father, it's true: we are a stubborn lot. Forgive us for taking our eyes off of You and focusing on those things that cause us stress. You have never failed us. Never. Stir up faith within each of us - a faith that holds fast when the strong winds of adversity blow. Fill us to overflowing with Your vast supply of peace. You are amazing God. We love You so much. You are precious to us. Thank You for caring about every minute detail of our lives. Yes, thank You.
*********************************************************
Have you been there, too? Do you know someone who needs to be reminded of the what, when, where, how, and whys? Please feel free to share this message with them. I pray that it will spark a fire of faith within all who read it.
*********************************************************
I am now booking fall and Christmas speaking engagements. I would love to spend some time with you and your ladies. For more information, please visit my website by following the tabs at the top of Morning Glory or contact me through email: nan@jubilantlight.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
*********************************************
 If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page to worship and be lifted up above the fray as Gateway Church sings "God of My Days".



8 comments :

  1. Oh Nan, I think you've officially found your way into my brain! You were speaking directly to me today. I know the when, where, how, and why and most of the time, that's enough. But sometimes, I want to know why certain circumstances take place. Sometimes I want to know if God has lost His marbles! But in my spirit, I know that He hasn't lost it, He's doing what He knows is best for my life. Now if I can only get my flesh to line up with my spirit. Thank you so much for this much needed reminder that He is with me no matter where I go and no matter what I'm going through. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Jamie! He is our Sovereign Lord who knows all about it. I'm thankful this ministered to you today. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Been there~"Do" that! :) Great reminder of His constant Love and Grace and Mercy!!
    lvya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Haven't we all, Mid? We are a stubborn people, ya know! Love you back :D

      Delete
  3. Hard headedness is often times my worst enemy. I am like you, I have to know the how, why, where, what. The unknown is scary to me. But i am realizing that with God, there is no unknown, for he has each moment planned out for us. We just need to trust in Him. That destroys the unknown. Thank you for this gentle reminder this morning. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, you amaze me girl. Your faith is growing by leaps and bounds and it just blesses my socks off! I love how you put it..."with God there is no unknown, for He has each moment planned out for us." Love that! And I love you too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I agree that "we are a stubborn lot!" So many times it's years later that I see the reason for His delay or denial of my request. Sometimes I may never see it. I have to remember it's not important for me to see the reason, it's important for me to accept that He's in control.

    And that's not always easy.

    Love you and your precious heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He is in control and He is motivated by His love for us - always! Thank you so much for stopping by, Vonda. Love you!

      Delete