Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Scriptures of Purpose ~ With Urgency

Sirens blared. The scanner buzzed with activity. All the focus was on a young man who fell from his canoe into the swollen New River that meanders near our home. I counted three ambulances, four first-responders, and a rescue vehicle with boat attached hastening to the scene.

It made me think about those perishing around us.

David has preached about the Church opening our eyes and hearts to those who are drowning in their sin, their despair, and their addictions. He has said that if we stood on a riverbank and saw someone frantically waving their hands as they went under, we would do everything possible to rescue them - just like the emergency teams responded to this young man on Saturday. Why should it be different if we're talking about someone's soul and their eternal destination? Shouldn't we feel the same urgency?

This morning I read the following from A.J. Russell's God Calling:

"Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did" ~ Acts 8:5, 6.

       "O My child, let Me speak to you, and let My Spirit direct your life. I may lead you in unexpected ways and ask things of you that are startling, but I will never guide you amiss. 
       "Across your path will fall the shadow of My hand, and where ever I direct you, there will you see My power at work, and your ministry will glorify Me. 
       "Do not walk according to your natural reasoning, but obey the promptings of the Spirit, and be obedient to My voice. 
       "I need those who will be completely flexible in this way, because a multitude of souls are searching for Me and would never come into contact with Me in a personal way through the channels of the organized church.
       "You shall go as Philip went - at the direction of the Spirit - into the places that are out of the way and bring light on My Word to those who are in need. 
       "Stay in an attitude of prayer and faith, and I will do all the rest."


Beloved, the Lord is with us. He has given us a job to do - to GO into every man's world and lead him to the Cross. I pray we would listen and obey Him with urgency. The day of salvation is at hand.

"And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, that I may establish the heavens, lay the foundations of the earth and say to Zion, 'You are My people'" ~ Isaiah 51:16.

Do you struggle with what to say? Many of us do. You are not alone in your insecurities - that's why the Lord said He has put His Word in our mouth and covered us with the shadow of His hand. Listen to the words of this song. It's a perfect answer to what needs to be said to those we encounter.




I have such love in my heart for you, my precious reader. Thank you for your love for Jesus. You inspire me to take the love of God into a hurting world. Sweet blessings to you my friend.
**************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to be exceedingly blessed as Geoff Moore sings, "Come As You Are".


1 comment :

  1. Nan, this is an excellent post. It is our duty as children of the King, to share His love for us with everyone. When faced with situations in which I can share with someone, I sometimes shy away, fearing I won't have the right words to say. So reading this verse and passage puts my mind at ease that we need not to worry about the words, God will put them in our mouth. Thank you for sharing your heart. I love you.

    ReplyDelete