Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ I am His and He Is Mine

I closed my eyes and relaxed into the embrace of our porch swing. Back and forth. Back and forth. I surrendered to the rhythmic consolation, the methodical easing of my anxiety.

"Breathe on me, Lord," I prayed. "Breathe on me new life, new hope, new peace. Remind me that I belong to You."

I continued to rock. Back and forth. Back and forth. Eyes closed, heart open.

And then the words to this song by Kristyn and Keith Getty came to mind and I began to sing:

IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all -
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone my hope is found...Oh, yes, Lord! Enlighten the eyes of my heart to see! My hope is found in Christ alone - in the work of the Cross, in the love of my Savior. IN Him I am secure. Nothing can separate me from His love. No thing. I am His and He is mine.

I hurried inside and googled the lyrics to this song. Following are the remaining verses. I urge you to read through these lyrics slowly. Allow God to use them to strengthen you, to give you hope, to set you back on solid ground...

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev'ry sin on Him was laid -
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death - 
This is the pow'r of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home -
Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.

Powerful, isn't it?

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm...
For I am His and He is mine...
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny...

Jesus commands my destiny. He is El Roi, the God who sees and knows all about it.


SELAH




Father, I cherish Your grace and Your love. You are my strength. You are my joy. My song. Thank You for Your precious Presence in my life. Thank You for teaching me that as I abide IN You I am safe and sound - no enemy can assault me. You are good, Lord. You are merciful and kind. I love You and I give You praise.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. You will be blessed beyond measure as Kristyn Getty sings, "In Christ Alone".

1 comment :

  1. I love this song Nan. So profound, comforting, and strengthening!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete