Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ A Message In The Wind

I stood beneath the pine grove at the crest of the hill. Autumn leaves boogied on the wings of the wind. Floating. Twirling. Submitting to the authority of the breeze. Storm clouds pressed eastward leaving an October indigo sky in its wake. 

I closed my eyes. The crisp air blew against my face, running its fingers through my hair. My world stood still, but for the wind. The gentle persuasion of the breeze continued. It wooed me. It beckoned me to remember my God.

"'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' said the Lord of Hosts."*

By My Spirit...

My Spirit...

I considered what the Lord was telling me. The Hebrew word for Spirit is ru'ach meaning breath, breeze, or wind. There was a message in the wind.

David and I had just experienced devastating loss due to three years of unemployment. We were broken. Humiliated. Fearful of our future.

And then, almost as naturally as the wind blew against my face, the oppression lifted. Our circumstances didn't change--and still haven't--but our spirits came alive again. The breath of God breathed on us and returned joy and hope. The breath of God breathed on us and bathed us in His perfect peace. 

And now I walked in that peace. 
Beneath the pine grove. 
With the fingers of the October wind tousling my hair.

The breath of God.

Like the autumn leaves boogieing on the wings of the wind, my spirit danced in the Presence of the Lord. His breath of life refreshed me, lifting me up from the darkest pit.

With outstretched arms--there beneath the pine grove--I twirled and spun before the Lord, an offering of praise to the Giver of life.

*Zechariah 4:6b



Father God, You are awesome and mighty. You are the Giver of life. You are faithful and true. We worship You Lord and glorify Your Holy Name--the Name above all names. Breathe on Your children, Lord. Let the power of life escape Your lips rising up from Your heart that hears Your crying child. Speak life over us, Lord. Speak hope. Peace. Joy. Thank You for Your sweet Presence that makes all things new. We love You Lord. Blessed be Your Name.
*********************************************************
Guess what? I'm guest blogging today over at Heart Thoughts by Marcie Warner Bridges. Click here if you'd like to read my poem, Beauty From Ashes. I hope you enjoy it.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. I'm featuring a live worship video, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" by Brian Doerksen. This will encourage you in the Lord. No matter what you're facing, our God is able and He is faithful. I'm praying for you sweet friend.

4 comments :

  1. I really like this one. I could feel the wind blowing and the peace settling in. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Mary Jane. You're such a blessing. God's lessons in grace are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how leaves boogied... I can't stop smiling. I can just see you twirling with arms and face raised to the Heavens! :-D (Thanks for the link at the end...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Blue thought my dance was interesting too :) I'm thankful it made you smile.

    ReplyDelete