Sunday, December 7, 2014

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, I so desire to love you with ALL my heart, ALL my soul, and ALL my strength. That is my heart's desire and yet on day's like today my actions do not reflect that desire. Please forgive me for pushing You aside in my thoughts. Please forgive me for pushing You aside to take care of everything else before taking time to sit with You awhile. I'm so sorry. I know that in Your Presence is where I find peace. I know that in quietness I will find strength and courage. I know these things, and yet I allow my flesh to override the desires of my spirit. I offer my praise to You as a sacrifice of thanksgiving - as a recompense for not putting You first this day.

I know I'm not alone in my struggle. I pray for my brothers and sisters who recognize the same conflict and grieve over their choices. Help us to recognize the deception of the heart and stir within us the desire to overcome it. Help us to see Your heart when we willingly push You aside because, in that moment, we feel like other matters are more pressing. Lord, forgive us! Forgive us for putting You on our to-do list. Forgive us for not heeding Your quiet whisper beckoning us to come and sit with You awhile. What an amazing miracle that is! The Lord of the Universe wants to spend time with us. That's amazing. How can we be so obstinate as to hush that voice within? Awaken our hearts to love You more Lord. Reveal Your mercy and grace to us evermore. Become to us as real and necessary as the air we breathe.

You are the Mighty God, our Refuge, and strength. Thank You for Your love and Your faithfulness. We love You, Lord. You are an awesome God.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm overwhelmed? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

*********************************************************
Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray with you. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com

1 comment :

  1. The honesty you speak with here is refreshing and freshly raw. I, too, needed to pray this prayer for myself. It is so easy to push Him away sometimes, isn't it? Thank you for the reminder of how faithful God is even when we aren't. Love you.

    ReplyDelete