Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surrounded by His Presence

"And He said, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'" ~ Exodus 33:14, NKJV

"I look behind me and You're there, then up ahead and You're there, too - Your reassuring Presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in!" ~ Psalm 139:5,6, The Message


God's Presence. Dare we close our eyes and try to visualize this? Can we open our hearts to receive this knowledge? Not just in concept, but in Truth.

Truth: God's Presence - His Spirit - dwells within us. His Spirit surrounds us.

Have you ever thought about John 15:4? "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

I have loved this verse for many years, but I feel as though I am seeing it with fresh eyes. "Abide IN Me, and I IN you." Do you see the exchange? The dynamics? I have often wondered what the Lord means by "abiding IN Him".

Is it possible that the Lord is referring to His Presence surrounding us at all times and thus challenging us to open our eyes and see? We know that, as Believers, the Holy Spirit comes to live in us, giving us power and wisdom and guidance and comfort. How awesome is that? But, is it possible that God wants us to understand His Presence in a broader sense? The Scripture tells us that His Presence goes before us and is also behind us. He leads us onto paths of righteousness. He keeps us from falling. He carries us when the pain is too much to bear. I love this picture.

Is He stirring your spirit with understanding? Oh, I pray so! Remember, He walks on the wings of the wind. The clouds are the dust of His feet. His glory and majesty shine as the bright and morning star! He longs for us to open the eyes of our heart to recognize Him all about us.

His Presence will give you rest.

Rest. nu'ach (noo-ahch). "Settle down; to be soothed or quieted; to be still; to dwell peacefully." (commentary, Spirit Filled Life Bible)

Again, I say, His Presence will give you rest.



Father, open our eyes to see Your glory all about us. We want to know You more. We want to walk in the knowledge of Your love in a deeper way. I ask that You enlighten the eyes of our hearts to understand. Thank You Lord. You are the Mighty God, Master of everything. We love You. We praise You and we glorify Your Holy name.
*************************************************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please go to the Morning Glory page to experience Kathryn Scott singing, "Child of God". You just might ascend on the wings of angels :) Sweet blessings to you!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the moment of peaceful rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, thank you for your kind words. I am so very thankful that you were ministered to. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete