Thursday, November 1, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ My Soul Finds Rest in God Alone

"I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

"I will call upon the Lord, Who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies." ~ Psalm 18:1-3


Please. Let's read this again. Out loud this time...


"I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

"I will call upon the Lord, Who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies."

The power of God's Word is amazing...
Breaking through the thickest chains. 
Flowing through the broken places. 
Rebuilding shattered lives.

God's Word is the embodiment of Who He is.

Find your rest in Him today. He alone is worthy of our praise.





Father God, Awaken our hearts to love You more. Open our eyes to behold Your majesty. You are far beyond our natural comprehension, and yet You reveal Yourself to us. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your mercy and grace. You are faithful, Lord. You are worthy of our praise and adoration. Hold our hands and lead us to Your throne of grace where we can sit and rest awhile. Hasten us to Your side, Lord. We love you. Bless Your Holy Name!
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please, PLEASE visit the Morning Glory page. I am featuring a worship video by Paul Wilbur singing "A Resting Place". I know you will sense the Lord's Presence as he ministers in song.

2 comments :

  1. "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." When you say this portion of the verse aloud you are assured that He is there with you. He affirms his presence in our lives.

    Awesome Nan! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, thank you so much for a powerful post! God's Word is truly powerful, and it brings us the greatest freedom! Love you my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete