Thursday, November 15, 2012

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ So Was God...

The magenta sky dissolved into shades of navy, then charcoal, and black. Stars beckoned to the casual observer, winking, perhaps saying, "Child, if only you knew". Their twinkling lights danced like fireflies around the moon.

I remember, as a child, making a wish on the first star of the evening, enthralled by the carpet of stars that popped from one end of the universe to another. You know, those stars were there long before they caught my attention.

So was God.

I remember sitting on the front porch with my first date, pretending to watch the stars, but actually sneaking a peek at his dimples, instead. The stars and the moon provided a canopy over the sweetness of young love.  You know, those stars were there long before I appreciated their beauty.

So was God.

I remember walking down a long strand of sandy beach, hand-in-hand with the man of my dreams, the father of my children.  The magenta sky dissolved into shades of navy, then charcoal, and black. The stars choreographed a light show of praise to the Creator of Love. You know, those stars were there long before I knew what love was all about.

So was God. 

Just imagine this: God surrounded us with His Presence long before our eyes were opened to see Him. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He changes not. The Lord our God, Maker of heaven and earth, pursues us with His love until we fall to our knees in reckless abandon and join our hearts with His own.

Moses once asked God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?'

"And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'" (Exodus 3:13, 14).

I AM WHO I AM!

I believe God would say to His children, "Child, I AM all that You need. I AM constant, unchangeable, unsearchable. I have known you long before you opened your eyes to behold My face. I have watched from afar, ordered your steps, whispered your name and waited for you to say yes to my forgiveness and grace. I AM your God. There is none other besides me. I AM."

I know the day will come when I take my last breath. As I step across the threshold of eternity and run into my Savior's waiting arms, I look forward to seeing the prisms of light shooting from the stars beneath my feet. You know, those stars were there long before I knew resurrection life.

So was God.


*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. I found an AMAZING song by Nichole Nordeman titled, "I AM". I promise this is one song you don't want to miss. It is totally beautiful and inspiring. Thank you, my precious reader, for your faithfulness. Sweet blessings to you! Nan

11 comments :

  1. WOW, Nan!!! No words...I am wowed.
    I Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You blessed me Mid. Thank you. When I sat down to write this, I had no idea where it was going. The Lord opened my ears to hear and gave me this message. I can't tell you how much it blessed me too. Love you!

      Delete
  2. Nan, wow! Before the stars were there...so was God! Before I reached up to touch Him, He reached down for me! He's the Great I am! Wow! Praise God! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I love what you said: "Before I reached up to touch Him, He reached down for me!" That would be another WOW! **grin** I know He's touching you in a special way. Love you!

      Delete
  3. I want to add my echo of wow, Nan! Absolutely beautiful progression of the magnificence of IAm and his creation of love for us.
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, you are too sweet! Thank you. This one came straight from heaven's throne of grace. Hope you are doing well. Love you!

      Delete
  4. My swwet Dove...
    I love you...You are my gift...God;s love to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it's my turn for a wow! Thank you darlin'. I love you too :)

      Delete
  5. My swwet Dove...
    I love you...You are my gift...God;s love to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. In agreement with the echos of WOW. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for blessing me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. You are too sweet. Love you!

      Delete