Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Master of Breakthroughs

A few years ago David and I went through a very difficult time in ministry. We both struggled to find peace. He had become very despondent and was losing sight of his calling. I knew that he was at risk of becoming very bitter, very hardened.  Who am I kidding? We both fought the same battle.

One Saturday evening David was relaxing on the computer messing around on Facebook. I was in the den, but I could hear praise music coming from our bedroom. Song after song, the Name of Jesus was being praised. One hour went by. Two hours went by. About seven o'clock I called David for dinner. He said, "Darlin', I'm not hungry. Do you mind if I don't eat right now?" Actually, I did mind, but I didn't say anything. I ate alone. I watched television alone, turning it up loud so I could hear above the praise music that continued from our bedroom. 

I was sulking when I heard the Lord whisper, "Nan, this isn't about you. Let Me work."

I wish I could say I was filled with grace at that moment, but I wasn't. I just reduced the size of my pout. Five hours went by as I hid out in the den. And then my husband appeared in the doorway. His face must have been like Moses - it was glowing with the Light of Jesus. Joy was on his face. I could sense peace for the first time in months. For seven hours David had been praising God and leading praise on Facebook. By posting music on Facebook, a night of praise was born. There was interaction among Facebook friends as they glorified the Lord together, praying for one another, and being strengthened in the Lord. Now, almost two years later, FB Worship still occurs every Thursday night at 7:30.

 "And the Lord said to David, 'Go up, for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into your hand.' So David went to Baal Perazim, and David defeated them there; and he said, 'The Lord has broken through my enemies, before me, like a breakthrough of water.' Therefore he called the name of that place Baal Perazim (Master of Breakthroughs)" ~ 2 Samuel 5:19,20.

Have you ever seen a dam break? The water surges over and through its barrier, bursting full throttle onto the scene below. The water's power is unleashed. It consumes anything that would dare stand in its way. Its angry authority commands attention. That is what the Spirit of God did for David in 2 Samuel and that is what He did for my David. When my husband began to praise the Lord with total abandon, the Spirit of God unleashed His power, broke through the enemy of David's soul like a breakthrough of water, and set him free.

Hell has known no fury like that of our loving God, Adonai. He cares for you. He loves you with an everlasting love.



Father, thank You for the power of praise! It is mighty for the pulling down of strongholds, for setting the captives free. I ask that You cause praise to swell within us and burst through the deception of the enemy and draw our focus to You. Thank You Lord. You are amazing. We love You and we give You praise forever and ever. Amen.
*********************************************************
Would you like to join us for FB Worship? Come on over to David's page on facebook Thursday night at 7:30. Bring your prayer requests, your praise reports, words of encouragement, but most importantly, your heart. We'd love for you to join us.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to worship with the David Crowder Band as they sing "O Praise Him" recorded live at Passion 2012.


1 comment :

  1. I loved this...as usual. Yes, I've had moments like you described. It happened just last week. I'll explain more in private, but I can say that a weight was lifted. You're such a talented lady with the obvious gift of writing...but more than that, the gift of sweet encouragement. Love you, my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete