Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Droplets of Glistening Grace

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Delicate wings fluttered, lifting the swallowtail from apple to apple dangling like gems upon the tree. The fruit glistened with morning dew, tiny droplets of life-sustaining moisture refreshing the butterfly, offering her strength for the journey.

The Body of Christ is like that.

The fruit of the Holy Spirit glistens with grace and Living Water, dangling like gems in the life of the Believer. In my darkest hours my sisters in Christ have embraced me with the love of the Lord, offering me Living Water to quench my thirst that I might glean strength ... a quick note here, a phone call there - all droplets of glistening grace on the fruit they bear for the Lord. What a precious gift.

"The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don't, the parts we see and the parts we don't. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance." 
~ 1 Corinthians 12:25-26, The Message 

Day by day, the morning dew glistens on the fruit. The butterfly returns often to quench its thirst. My thirst remains also, but from the glistening fruit of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control that my sisters exude, I will drink deeply and receive strength for this difficult hour.

I can only hope that the fruit born of the Holy Spirit residing in me will glisten like that of my sisters when a weary traveler crosses my path. I want grace that has fallen from the heavens to quench their thirst as I embrace them with His love. 

Selah 

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

What does the Body of Christ look like? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. I'm featuring an oldie goldie, "How Beautiful" by Twila Paris. This is a great song!

No comments :

Post a Comment