Sunday, October 19, 2014

Where Is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones

Father, Your love still amazes me. The tenderness that bursts from Your consuming fire when Your child is in need is nothing short of miraculous. It's so hard for me to explain - to express my gratitude deeply enough. How is it that the One who hung the stars in place, the One that tells the ocean how far to come, and the One who rides on the wings of the wind - how is it that so great a God draws near and holds me when I'm broken? How can it be Lord? How can there be a love so great? Thank You. I need Your love. Your touch. Your embrace. I need for You to hide me in the shelter of Your wing, close enough for me to hear Your heartbeat. 

Thank You for my brothers and sisters who walk alongside me, who undergird me with their prayers. Many of them are hurting too. Many are overwhelmed by life's hardships. I ask that You show Yourself strong on their behalf. I ask that You open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings on them too great to contain. You are so faithful, Lord. So merciful and kind. I ask that my friends may bask in the Light of Your love that extends through Your faithfulness and mercy. 

You are more than enough, Lord. All that we need is contained in You. How incredible is that! Awaken our hearts to know and understand that when we seek You first - when we seek the Kingdom of God and its righteousness - all things shall be added unto us. There will be no need to worry. Despair will be replaced with peace. Sorrow will be replaced with joy. Bitterness will be replaced with love - deep, all-consuming love. How beautiful is that! Thank You Father for Your promises. Thank You for Your tender care. We love You, Lord, and we give You praise.

Tweetables to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm overwhelmed? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

How can I experience the tenderness of God? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

***************************************************
Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com

No comments :

Post a Comment