Wednesday, April 27, 2011

He Will Carry You

"I will tell of the Lord's unfailing love. I will praise the Lord for all He has done. I will rejoice in His great goodness to Israel, which He has granted according to His mercy and love. He said, 'They are my very own people. Surely they will not betray me again.' And He became their Savior. In all their suffering He also suffered, and He personally rescued them. In His love and mercy He redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years."
(Isaiah 63:7-9, The New Living Translation)

"He lifted them up and carried them through all the years."


Close your eyes and imagine you are a child running and skipping on the hillside. You twirl, arms extended, face lifted toward the sun. You are free. Sin no longer has its hold on you. You dance in the sunlight with complete abandon, chasing butterflies through the highland meadow grass. You feel safe, happy. You know your Father's love.

Times goes by quickly. In your exuberance you don't see the threatening clouds building on the horizon. The storm is upon you before you can seek shelter. In your haste to outrun the storm you stumble and fall, scraping your knee, bruising your cheek. Fear grips you as the rain and wind assails its young victim. Trickles of tears give way to mournful sobs as the storm overtakes you. Brilliant, joyful light yields to the impending darkness and isolates you in the menacing shadows of fear.

Thunder bellows above you. The wind ushers in the Lord's mighty voice, "Child, child. I am here. Do not be afraid." Powerful arms scoop you up and shield you from the storm. Your head rests against His chest, your heart beating in rhythm with His.

He carries you. Yes, He carries you.


Through the wind and the rain, He carries you.
Over stones and swollen streams, He carries you.
When the enemy stalks and frightens, He carries you.

God, the Father carries you through all the years.


"I will be your God and you will be My people, My special treasure, the apple of My eye. I love you, child. You are Mine."


Father, we love You. Thank You for Your mercy and grace, for Your everlasting love. Your faithfulness towards Your children extends to the heavens, Your power and might astound us. Thank You, thank You for reconciling us to You that we might rest in Your arms, sheltered by Your love. Praise You, Father

3 comments :

  1. Isaiah had such a vision of the Lord, didn't He?? He might not have understood all that he wrote back then, but his words and prophesies stand as a witness to Israel, and to the world, of God's greatness, of His preparing His people for the coming Savior... and they are such a comfort to those of us who know the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah was an AWESOME book ,,YES...POWERFUL...
    Just found you through Oceans of Grace...
    And your other blog too. Left a note there as well..
    May blessings and LOVE from our Father God above be on you today and always~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mid, Isaiah is perhaps my favorite book in the Bible. I discovered it as an new Christian in the 70s when my mom was dying of cancer. Isaiah gave me streams in the desert.

    Dena!! I am so glad you stopped by. What a blessing. I will check your blog as well. Sweet blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete