Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fold Up Your Weariness

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His Name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." ~Psalm 23, NLT

I would love for you to tune out the world right now. Lay aside your burden. Wrap up your fear and hang it on the hearth. Crumble your anger into a wad and toss it out the back door. Fold up your weariness and lay it at your Savior's feet.

At least for a moment.

For just a moment, let's focus on Jesus and Who He is and what He does. Ready?

The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.

The LORD is my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
The Lord IS my Shepherd; I have all that I need.
The Lord is MY Shepherd; I have all that I need.
The Lord is my SHEPHERD; I have all that I need.

Now. Don'tcha feel better?



Father, Help us rest in this Truth. Cause it to sink deep within our souls, our minds, transforming the heart. You are precious to us, Lord. We love You so much and appreciate all that You do for us, in spite of us. You are faithful Lord. You are merciful. You are our Shepherd and we have all that we need. Thank You, Lord.

3 comments :

  1. yup...feeling better already!! ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chicky-chicky! Glad you stopped by. I love your new profile pic. You look beautemous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title Fold Up Your Weariness. It is time to pack it up and put it away. Some of us have carried it around for so long it feels like an extra appendage. Thanks for the encouragement. -Adrian

    ReplyDelete