Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Tiny Little Feather

"How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings." ~ Psalm 36:7, AMP

"Let me know if you find a feather," I said, almost kidding.
"Oh, for sure I will," she said.

My friend, affectionately known as Tee-Tee, had been in excruciating pain for four months since injuring her shoulder at the day-care where she works. An MRI showed that the damage was significant. The doctors recommended physical therapy, with surgery as the next option.

Tee-Tee is a woman of faith. Her joy springs up from the well deep in her soul and she overflows with the love of God. But sometimes Tee-Tee is like a duck - she glides along gracefully on life's surface so she can tend to the needs of her friends, but beneath the water her little feet are paddling like crazy. That is Tee-Tee...putting everyone else first.

Well, I sensed the anxiety revolving around her shoulder. Physical therapy is known to be grueling and extremely painful. Surgery, of course, is an option no one wants. We chatted back and forth through email the night before her first therapy session where she admitted her fears. I told her I had been praying for her and asked God to hide her beneath the shadow of His wings - you know, that precious place of refuge and comfort, the place where we are safe from the enemy's fiery darts, that place where we know in our knower that we are a child of God.

As the conversation continued, it became a little more lighthearted. As we called it a night I said, "Let me know if you find a feather." Honestly, I was trying to make her laugh.

But, you know what? I am convinced that the Lord God absolutely loves to knock our socks off by showing us His Presence and thrilling us with His goodness.

The following day, Tee-Tee shared that she woke up nervous, but prayed and expressed her trust in God. She walked into physical therapy full of peace and reassurance that God was with her.

Sweet story, right? Well, there is more.

Tee-Tee arrived at work and was asked to go out on the playground to provide breaks for some of the teachers. While lining up the kids to bring them inside, a little boy named David said, "Miss Tee-Tee, I found YOU something." He opened up his little hand and there, cupped securely in his fingers was a tiny feather! Yes! Elohim, the Creator of the Universe, Maker of heaven and earth took time to send my precious friend a feather. Why? Because she needed to know in her knower that He is with her, that she is sheltered in the shadow of His wings and that no matter what the future holds she is secure in His love.

Tee-Tee wrote about this experience, "I have never heard the Lord speak that loud to me ever (except when I got saved) as I did when David handed me that little feather. I knew right then and there, that whether through extended therapy or surgery, it was going to be OK. I was hid under His wings."

I know, grab the tissues, right?

Sweet friend, the same God that loves Tee-Tee enough to send her a feather is the same God that loves you and knows you by name. He is pursuing you with His love. He yearns to show Himself mighty in your life - to restore those things the enemy has stolen, to replace your despair with His joy, exchange your fears with His peace. God, our Father, longs to lavish you with His love. Won't you call out to Him today?

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." ~ 1 Corinthians 2:9

Come away with Him now and enter into His rest beneath the shadow of His wings.



Father, You never cease to amaze me! In the whole scheme of things a tiny feather seems so insignificant, yet You knew that it would change a life. In Your goodness and grace You saw to it that Your precious child could hold something tangible as a symbol of her faith. Thank You Lord. You are all around us. Open our eyes to behold Your glory. We give You honor and praise Lord. You are the Mighty God, the King of kings and Lord of lords. Bless Your Holy Name!
*************************************************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please go to the Morning Glory page to view a music video by Jason Upton, a Christian singer I just discovered. He is a powerful singer who ushers in the Presence of God through his music.

No comments :

Post a Comment