Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Surrounded by His Presence

"You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. SELAH" ~ Psalm 32:7, NKJV

I opened my eyes this morning to the roaring sound of thunder pounding through my head. The pain was excruciating. Was it sinus? Was it tension? Fibromyalgia? I didn't know. Still don't. I just know that I felt dysfunctional with pain.

I cried out to the Lord - silently, mind you. No need to disturb the thunder. I needed His strength and healing to face the day. His whisper came. "Come away my child and I will give you rest." He led me to Psalm 32:7. This is a familiar verse, but today the Lord showed me something new: He will SURROUND me with songs of deliverance.

Songs of deliverance.
Songs of victory and healing.
Songs of praise.

The Lord wanted to surround me with songs of praise - a garrison against the pain. He wanted me to see the visual of being surrounded - encircled - with His Spirit as I placed myself in the midst of praise.

Friend, I would like to take you with me on this journey. Today, my pain has been physical, perhaps your pain is emotional, circumstantial. Perhaps your pain has separated you from the One who can set you free. Won't you join me in this offering of praise? Surround yourself with His Presence, one song at a time.



"In the shadows I can hear Your voice singing to me. In the valley I can hear Your heart reaching for me now. You're my defender, the shield of my heart. You are my hiding place. I can feel Your joy rising in me now."



"You hold my every moment. You calm my raging seas. You walk with me through fire and heal all my disease. I trust in You. Jesus, You're all I need. You are my praise."



"Come to me you weary one and I will give you rest. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Take me upon you and I will give you rest.

"Come to me you broken one and I will give you peace. Come to me. I have been waiting for you.

"Come to me you burdened one and I will give you joy. Come and find your peace. Come and find your rest. Come and find your joy. He is waiting here for you with open arms."



"In the quiet, in the stillness I know that You are God. In the secret of Your Presence, there I know I am restored. When You call I won't refuse.

"In the chaos, in the confusion, I know You are sovereign still. All my delight is in You, O Lord. All of my hope, all of my strength.

"There is no one else for me - none but Jesus. Now I live to give Him praise."

Father, in the secret place of Your Presence we are restored. That is the key, isn't it Lord? When we give You praise, Your Presence surrounds us like a garrison against the enemy. Your Presence gives us rest, strength, joy, peace. Your Presence brings healing and restoration. Thank You Lord. You were crucified to set us free and now we live to give You praise. Praise!! We give You praise, Lord.

*************************************************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please go to the Morning Glory page. Today's post will take you on a journey of praise where you will be able to hide yourself in His Presence. Bless you, sweet friend, on your journey.

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for taking us on this journey with you. I pray you're feeling better...and feeling His presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you.
    http://adonaischild.blogspot.com/2011/10/come-to-me-kari-jobe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonda and Cynthia, What would we do without our Jesus? His mercy is amazing, His faithfulness beyond words. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete