Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Do You Feel Unworthy to Receive His Love?

I drove home today in the pouring rain. Puddles splashed. Windshield wipers flip-flopped. Traffic slowed due to ponding on the road.

And my radio blared.

I was listening to Sirius XM, The Message, a contemporary Christian station, when all of a sudden (sortof like Santa on Christmas Eve), there arose such a clatter. I turned up the knob to see what was the matter. **grin**  Actually, nothing was wrong. The DJ was rejoicing over the next song: Rascal Flatts singing "Changed".

Yes. RASCAL FLATTS. On The Message. Who knew?

This song blessed me so much, I couldn't wait to share it with you. His words made me think of the time when I didn't know Jesus. As he recalls his baptism in the lyrics, I recalled mine. And it made me think of some of you.

I don't know most of my readers, but I can assure you that I pray for you. In my heart, I believe some of you are seekers - you are seeking the love of a Heavenly Father, but you feel you are not worthy. Perhaps you walked close with Him for a time and then the world stepped in. Tempting. Enticing. Distracting. You keep God at arm's length because you feel you have no value. No purpose. 

And yet you seek His love.

Precious friend, we are all equal at the foot of the cross. All of us have done things that we are not proud of - things that make our skin crawl. But, here's the Good News:

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 8:38,39, NKJV

I love the way The Message translation of the bible presents this passage:

 "I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."

I want you to get this Truth in your knower. God is waiting for you. He loves you with an everlasting love. I believe His heart beats with anticipation as He waits to hold you once again.

So my question to you, dear one, is, "What are you waiting for?"



Father, it is such an amazing thought to consider how much You pursue us with Your love. Even when we give up on ourselves, You never give up on us. Your mercy extends to the highest heavens and Your love knows no end. Thank You. I ask that You calm the racing hearts as some of my friends reconsider a life journey holding Your hand. Open their eyes to see You. Open their ears to hear Your sweet whispers of acceptance and affirmation. Thank You Lord. You are so good. We love You.
*********************************************************
Do you need to connect on a personal level to sort through some things? You may contact me at nan@jubilantlight.com.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to listen to Rascal Flatts sing about rededicating his life to the Lord. Yes! Rascal Flatts. I know....who knew?




6 comments :

  1. Oh Nan, I love this! If we would all get this in our knower, we'd be much better off. We need to "know it in our knower!" Love you, precious friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Jamie. Sometimes I think we need a "knower blaster" to get stuff in there - lol! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Nan! I've never heard this song, but I LOVE it! Thank you for sharing your insight and this song. You've helped me get my day off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vonda. I was shocked and amazed, as they say, when I heard it. I had no idea Rascal Flatts was walking with Jesus now. This song really inspired me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nan, that was so simple and yet so meaningful. So necessary. I struggle with that very thing. Especially that paragraph where you mention those times when we felt so on fire and then sth change and we're no longer walking the way we were and we feel so guilty bc we no longer feel the same. My worst area is that I feel very little interest (as compared to previous times when I was passionate or at least ok) in reading the Bible and praying, in having intimate communion with the Father. I spend lots of time reading about spiritual things, perhaps listening to Christian music, but I seem to be afraid of that nakedness and intimacy. The culprits: guilt and shame. So this entry really hits home.

    And just today I was hearing on the radio, "God loves us just because." No strings attached.

    Years ago I was pierced through and through with the first chapter of Ephesians and especially the phrase "accepted in the Beloved." I wish I could understand it now (with my heart of hearts) the way I did then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carina, you are so precious. Every Christian goes through dry times - wilderness experiences. That's part of growing. The important thing is to recognize the problem. I have found that if I confess to the Lord that I do not want to spend time in His Word but ask Him to stir up that hunger within me, He will. After I open the Book. He wants our step of obedience and then He pours out His grace. I have found a devotional that I love and I have shared with many women. It is "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. You would love it. Each day has an entry from her prayer journal where she recorded the whispers from the Spirit of God. Each page also offers a couple of scriptures that support what God has spoken to her. Her words inspire me. It doesn't take but a minute to read the scriptures for that day, so I can easily take a little nibble of nourishment. When time allows I can use these same scriptures to dig deeper through cross-references. See if you can find it, ok? I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete