Thursday, May 23, 2013

Scriptures of Finding God ~ As A Bird In A Nest

     "Wait upon Me.
      Let your life be as a deep, quiet pool. 
Let your heart rest in My hand as a bird in a nest.
Let your eye be still. Let your hands be free.
      For then I shall fill all your vision,
      and then I shall take your hands into Mine
      and My power shall flow forth into you.

"If you would only make yourself a place apart,
yes, removed from the pressure and turmoil,
and there I will meet you. Yes, I wait for your coming.
      For I long to pour out My blessings upon you,
        and I long to give you My fullness.
        Only be still before Me.
Never let the toils and cares of the day
rob you of this sweet fellowship with Me.

"For I know what you need, and I am concerned about 
 your duties and responsibilities.
      You will find your cares vanish, 
      and your load is lightened by an unseen hand.
      I would have you bring Me your love,
      and even as you are bringing Me your love,
      I shall in turn bring to you My power,
      so that I work for you in a twofold measure.

"I will give you the power to discharge your duties with greater efficiency. I am actively engaged in working for you in ways you cannot see, to make your path clear, and to bring about things you could never accomplish, and which would otherwise absorb your energies and wear out your patience.

     "So I say again...Rest in Me. Wait upon Me.
      Come apart with Me. Seek My face. Seek My fellowship."*

 *Roberts, Frances J., "Quiet Pool," Come Away My Beloved, (Uhrichsville, Ohio: Barbour Publishers, 2002), p.136-137.

 "...you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul" ~ Deuteronomy 4:29



Father, You are speaking to Your children clearly about returning to our first love. You desire intimacy with us. You desire that we come into Your Presence, longing for communion with You. Stir up a hunger and thirst within us. Feed us by Your hand. Open our eyes that we might see You in our midst working everything together for our good. Open our ears that we might hear Your sweet whispers of love, affirmation, and guidance. We love You, Lord. You are an amazing God, full of wonder, faithful in all things. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your provision and for Your mercy. You are mighty to save, the One True God. You alone, Lord, are worthy of our praise.
*************************************************
 If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. You will be carried into the Lord's Presence as Kristyn Getty sings "Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer". Powerful. Beautiful. Healing.


No comments :

Post a Comment