Thursday, May 8, 2014

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Enduring Faith

by Nan Jones  @NanJonesAuthor

1872. Anson D. F. Randolph & Co. THE SHADOW OF THE ROCK.

I found this small book of poetry in an antique store several years ago. It's been a long time since I've  opened it, unfortunately, because although diminutive in size, it's content is gloriously powerful. I'm sharing one of its poems with you today. It's interesting to me that the Lord spoke to me clearly about this poem - this poem I haven't read in years. I believe that one of my readers (or hopefully many) need the blessing it will provide for your spirit and perhaps your home.



VISITATION OF THE SICK
Author Unknown

Peace to this house! O Thou Whose way
Was on the waves, Whose voice did stay
The wild wind's rage, come, Lord, and say,
Peace to this house!

Thou, Who in pity for the weak
Didst quit Thy heavenly Throne to seek
And save the lost, come, Lord, and speak
Peace to this house!

Thou, Who dost all our sorrows know
And when our tears of anguish flow
Dost feel compassion, come, bestow
Peace on this house!

Thou, Who in agony didst pray,
"Take, Father, take this cup away,"
And then wast strengthened, come and say,
Peace to this house!

O Conqueror by suffering!
O mighty Victor! glorious King!
From out of pain and sorrow bring
Peace to this house!

Thou, Who triumphant from the dead
Thine Hands didst o'er the Apostles spread,
And say, "Peace to you," come, and shed
Peace on this house!

Thou, Who didst on the clouds ascend
And then the Holy Spirit send,
Send Him to comfort, and defend
All in this house!

Lord in the Sacramental food
Of Thine own Body and Thy Blood,
Peace that is felt, not understood,
Give to this house!

Save, save us sinking in the deep,
Give ease from pain and quiet sleep,
And under Thy wing's shelter keep
All in this house!

"Peace to this house," come, Lord, and say
Come to us, Lord, and with us stay,
Oh, give, and never take away
Peace from this house!

And when at last our fainting breath
On trembling lips scarce quivereth,
Oh, bring us through the gate of Death,
Lord, to Thine House!

To Thine own House in Paradise,
To Thine own House above the skies,
To live the life that never dies,
Lord, in Thine House!

Isn't that good? I believe the words of this poem bless me as much as the knowledge that it was written in 1872. Think about the legacy of our faith. Enduring. Persisting. Ever True.

May you feel the Presence of the Lord today as He ministers peace to your home and life.

"Peace I leave with you, 
My peace I give to you; 
not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, 
neither let it be afraid." 


Father, You are so very faithful. The magnitude of Who You are astounds me. I pray for my friends who may be looking for peace today - the peace that only You can give. Flood their homes with Your peace. Flood their hearts with the knowledge that You will never leave them nor forsake them. You are with us always, even to the ends of the earth. Bless my friends today, Lord, with personal, tangible, miracles that only You can provide. You are our Provider. Our Healer. Our Deliverer, and Friend. Bless You, Father. We love You and we give You praise.
***********************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page, especially if you love old-time Southern Gospel. I'm featuring Bill Gaither's Billy Graham Homecoming singing "It Is Well With My Soul."

No comments :

Post a Comment