Thursday, May 29, 2014

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Daddy, I Love You

by Nan Jones

The pitter-patter of tiny feet echoed through the hallway, running gleefully towards his dad.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

Photo Credit: miriadna.com
Daddy sat his briefcase by the door just in time to receive a leaping toddler into his strong arms. Father and son hugged, exchanging glances that reflected their adoration of one another. Hearts raced. Faces smiled. Eyes gleamed.

The child relaxed in his daddy's arms. He placed his chubby little cheek next to his father's and quietly whispered, "Daddy ... I love you, daddy."

Similarly, Psalm 27 offers a declaration of David's faith. David says, "When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, Lord, I will seek.'"

To seek in Hebrew is baqash (bah-kahsh) meaning to look with diligence, to search earnestly until the object of the search is located. It requires action. It requires intention.

At the sound of his father's voice, the toddler ran through the house searching, anticipating his father's love. I want to be like that. I want to listen for my Father's voice with anticipation. I want to keep my eyes open so I won't miss the Lord when He's passing by.

When I hear the Lord's sweet whisper, when I know He's near, I want to race towards His love, leap into His arms and cry, "Abba, Father ... Daddy, I love You."

"But from there you will seek the Lord your God, 
and you will find Him 
if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." 
~ Deuteronomy 4:29

*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

How do I seek God? @NanJonesAuthor may have your answer. (Click to Tweet)

I want to listen for my Father's voice with anticipation. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. I'm featuring a powerful song by Kari Jobe titled, "The More I Seek You". This quiet prayer will provide a sweet respite from your busyness. I hope you enjoy.



No comments :

Post a Comment