Thursday, May 15, 2014

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Who Is This King of Glory?

by Nan Jones

I coasted down the steep slope of Chestnut Hill Road. Wind whipped through the open windows and tousled my hair, cooling my sweating brow. The sky blanketed the earth in periwinkle blue, cradling the birds that zipped from tree to tree...a perfect spring day. But.


My mind was consumed with thoughts about everything. Thoughts about nothing. Feeling overwhelmed, I turned on the radio. Loud. 

Rolling off the lips of the singer were these words, "Who is this King of Glory?"

Indeed.

I felt the Lord gently grab my heart and jerk it to attention, "Who is this King of Glory?"

It's You, Lord.

Then, relax, My child. Relax.

This song by Third Day has been around for years, but it spoke fresh to my spirit, giving me strength for the journey. I pray its words will bless you as well.


KING OF GLORY

Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with His love
     And haunts me with each hearing of His softly spoken words?
My conscience, a reminder of forgiveness that I need,
     Who is this King of Glory who offers it to me?

Who is this King of Angels, O blessed Prince of Peace
     Revealing things of heaven and all its mysteries?
My spirit's ever longing for His grace in which to stand,
     Who is this King of Glory, Son of God and son of man?

His Name is Jesus, precious Jesus!
     The Lord Almighty, the King of my heart,
The King of Glory.

Who is this King of Glory with strength and majesty
     And wisdom beyond measure, the gracious King of kings?
The Lord of earth and heaven, the Creator of all things,
     Who is this King of Glory, He's everything to me.

His Name is Jesus, precious Jesus!
     The Lord Almighty, the King of my heart,
The King of Glory.

Pretty good, huh?

Don'tcha just love it when the Lord grabs your heart and squeezes it with Love?

Yeah...me, too.

"Lift up your heads, O you gates! 
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! 
And the King of Glory shall come in. 
Who is this King of Glory? 
The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle."
 ~ Psalm 24:7,8




*****************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. I'm featuring Third Day singing, "King of Glory" at a live concert in Atlanta, Georgia. Good stuff!


1 comment :

  1. Hi Nan! I was just thinking of that Psalm today. Lift up your gates and arches... Wow. What is God trying to tell me I wonder?

    I do love a good 'heart squeeze'. He wants us to enjoy our lives, even the stressful parts. That's hard for me to do too. I get those tight shoulders! But then I see a confirming message, and it's like a healing massage.

    Thank you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete