Thursday, August 13, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ When Life Doesn't Make Sense

By Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Guest blogger, Karen Friday   @FridayKaren


 
It is an honor to introduce my guest, Karen Friday, to you. Karen and I met on Twitter and quickly discovered kindred spirits. Karen is a pastor's wife, author and speaker, and has a heart for those seeking to know the Lord more. Together we are praying for you, our reader, that the words of her heart will resonate deep within and draw you closer to the One who loves you. 

Welcome Karen!
  
I found you.

Secret places lingered in my mind. Childhood memories of hide-and-seek in a park or neighborhood. The dynamic of playing the game outdoors was thrilling.

Hiders scattered with high hopes of the perfect spot. Stumbling upon a nook or refuge offering the ultimate in concealment were rare treasures. It brought a calm assurance. A certainty to be declared the hide-and-seek winner. To make it safely back to home base.

As the seeker came near, I made efforts to curtail my breathing, not moving a single muscle as if frozen in place.

Come out. Youve been found. I see you. You cant hide from me.

Frozen in place, my emotions and heart felt tender as the hard parts of life found me again and again. A job was lost bringing financial stress. Church ministry was in a difficult season. Loved ones were going through illness, suffering, heartbreaks, or tough times.

Good things in life werent searching for me. Aspirations and dreams glittered for others. My spirit careened toward discouragement.

I wanted to hide and never be found. But hardships swaggered upon each hiding place as unwelcome guests.

Frustration filled my mind as I questioned the Lord during the brokenness:

God, where are You? Must my heart be shattered again? Im weary. Disappointment is surrounding me on every side with no where to run and no safe place to hide.

Ive often wondered if frustration is allowed with God. Should I raise my hand in Spiritual school and question the Administrators guidelines or perceived silence on a matter?

Humans arent puppets, or at best, robotic beings never to express real and raw emotions before God of the universe. I discovered He desires intimate relationship.

God wants me to come to Him. To lay the tough questions before Him. Im learning to listen. His word has a lot to say about His hide-and-seek guidelines:

You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Psalm 32:7 ESV

Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near. Isaiah 55:6 ESV

Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face continually. Psalm 105:4 NASB

Life will continue to smirk, "Ready or not, here I come. I may not always understand the circumstances and sometimes life wont make sense. But I have stumbled upon a refuge offering the ultimate concealment in the midst of lifes hurts.

Its the perfect spot for hiders. The highest hope in this life. The Lord. He surrounds me with shouts of deliverance:

Im here. Your shelter and Your strength. Seek Me and find Me.

Secret places bringing calm assurance of a rare treasure—“Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. O what a foretaste of glory divine. (Blessed Assurance by Fanny J. Crosby.)

He will bring me back to home base as I seek His face and my heart cries out to Him, I found you.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others


************************************************************
Meet Karen:

Karen Friday is a pastor’s wife and lover of words through writing, blogging, and speaking. For over a decade, she has balanced the busy life of church ministry with working from her home office in marketing. Karen earned a communications degree and has experience in a broad spectrum of business services where she is frequently referred to as Girl Friday. A blogger, Karen ‘Girl’ Friday engages a community every week, Hope is Among Us, expressing scriptural truths as life happens. She has published a number of articles and devotions in both print and online media. An inspirational speaker, Karen addresses a wide variety of audiences. She is passionate about mentoring women and discipling followers of Christ to live with authentic faith. Karen and Mike Friday reside in East Tennessee and have two grown children. The entire family is fond of the expression, “TGIF: Thank God it’s Friday!” They owe Monday an apology.

Visit Karen’s blog, Hope is Among Us, at www.KarenGirlFriday.com.  

Hope is Among Us Facebook community can be found at www.facebook.com/karengirlfriday

Contact Karen by email at KarenTFriday@gmail.com.


 
 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much Karen for this beautiful but thought provoking post. I enjoyed your take on playing Hide and Seek with God. Blessings, Marcie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcie, Thanks for your comment. I'm grateful the Lord is our ultimate hiding place in life. Seeking Him is our daily hope. Jesus. Is. Mine.

      Delete