Sunday, August 16, 2015

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, as I contemplate You, I am reminded of Your goodness, Your mercy, and Your grace. When I consider the stars that You hung in place - the vastness of the heavens - I easily acknowledge Your holiness and Your sovereignty over all things. 

But Lord, when I consider Your tender and unconditional love for Your children I am brought to my knees in thankfulness. I adore You Lord. I stand amazed at the depth of Your love, and I am astounded by the intimacy our relationship has entered. There is still so much about You I don't know and understand, yet You have enlightened the eyes of my heart to gain great insight into the essence of who You are. How can I thank You enough for that gift? 

I know that it is through my brokenness that Your Holy Spirit has overflowed in my life and taught me of Your love. I desire the same for my friends. I don't desire that they be broken and torn into a million pieces, but I do desire that above all things they come to know the depth of Your love. Unless the grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it cannot become the bread of life. Unless the dark clouds form on the horizon and roll overhead, there can be no refreshing rain bringing life to a parched world. I know these things now - I've got them in my knower. THAT is what I ask for my friends. I ask that they know without a doubt that You are with them always and that You promise to work everything together for their good.

You are amazing Lord. May we never take You for granted. Stir a hunger and thirst within us to know You more, to dare to believe You are who You say You are. YOU are the Rock upon which we stand. Thank You Lord. We love You and we give You praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God in the bad times? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

***********************************************************
Would you like for me to pray for you? I would be honored. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com 

***********************************************************
Are you searching for the nearness of God? Life comes at us hard sometimes and it's easy to feel abandoned by the One who loves us. I have created a facebook community page, Seeing Beyond the Veil, for those seasons of difficulty. On Seeing Beyond the Veil you'll find worship songs, scriptures, encouraging quotes, testimonies and prayers. Won't you step away from the chaos for a few moments and join us? 
***********************************************************
I hope you enjoyed this post. I would love the opportunity to encourage you with the words from my heart. To receive Morning Glory updates in your inbox, leave your email in the subscribe box in the top right-hand corner beneath my photo.  

No comments :

Post a Comment