Sunday, August 2, 2015

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, I desire to be set apart for You. I know that's a tall order and not one I make lightly. I'm not even sure if I know what that means - to be set apart, consecrated to You. 

What I do know is that I desire for You to be my first love. I desire for my life to reflect Your righteousness - to be a light in the darkness around me. Mold me Lord. Melt me, and transform me into Your likeness for Your glory. I find my completeness in You and You alone. You are everything to me. 

Thank You for making Yourself known to me - not only me, but all of those who seek You. You promise that when we seek You we will be found by You...by YOU Lord! That still amazes me. Thank You for pursuing us with Your love. 

I pray for my friends who feel that same restlessness in their spirits - that feeling that there is more. We desire to walk in the full understanding of who You are. Help us understand Your mysteries. Enlighten the eyes of our heart to grasp Your Truth. Give us courage and fortitude to seek You with our whole hearts - no holding back, no agendas, no lukewarmness in any areas of our lives. We desire to know You fully. 

May our praise be a sweet aroma to You for You are our God and we are Your people. We love You Lord. Together we exalt Your holy Name.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

What does it mean to be set apart for God? @NanJonesAuthor prays for understanding. (Click to Tweet)

*********************************************************
Did you enjoy this post? I would love for you to sign up for updates. You'll find the subscribe button in the upper right corner beneath my photo. 

***************************************************
Is life coming at you hard? Do you need an opportunity to step away and focus on the Lord? I've created a facebook community page for that purpose. Seeing Beyond the Veil is a place of refuge where you can leave the chaos behind for a few minutes. You'll find worship music videos, scriptures, encouraging quotes, and prayer. I'd love for you to stop by. 

2 comments :