Sunday, March 6, 2016

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


Lord, You clearly tell us that many are the afflictions of the righteous, but You promise to deliver us out of them all. And You do! Over and over again, I experience Your deliverance. Your faithfulness. Your grace and mercy. I still don't enjoy the trials - I don't know anyone who does - but I thoroughly enjoy the celebration once I've passed through the water and not drowned. Thank You for allowing me to see Your goodness in the land of the living. You are truly an awesome God. I am forever grateful for Your redemption, for Your adoption into the family of God. Help me to realize fully what it means to be a child of the Most High God.

I pray the same for others. What a privilege we have to be able to come before the Creator of the Universe who knows us by name. It's too great to wrap our brains around. But Lord, You have the ability to give us insight. I ask that You increase our understanding of who You are and help us begin to walk in that Truth. Oh, how different our lives would be. It would become natural to walk by faith rather than by sight. Our first reaction to a problem would be to soar with the wings of an eagle to rise above the fray rather than wallow in the storm below. 

I desire to know You more and I know that others do also. Draw us close Lord. Open our eyes to see and our ears to hear. Awaken our hearts to love You with every ounce of our being. Transform us into the image of Christ that we might be a light in the darkness of this hurting world. Thank You Lord. We praise You for You alone are worthy of our praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when my trial of faith is over? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

******************************************************
Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray with you. You may contact me at nan@jubilantlight.com  

~#~

 

2 comments :

  1. Nan, what a beautiful reminder of God's presence in our lives through every kind of trial! I do enjoy realizing I did not drown and long for the faith to know I won't in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree. I'm so thankful the Lord is longsuffering with us as we learn to walk in His Truth and trust Him to fulfill His promises. I'm thankful this encouraged you.

      Delete