Sunday, March 13, 2016

Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor


Almighty, Infinite Father, Spirit we long to embrace ... O Lord, how I love to sing Your praise. Even when I can't praise You for my circumstances, I can always praise You for who You are. And when I praise You, You are faithful to inhabit those praises. Thank You, for in Your Presence is fullness of joy. In Your Presence is comfort and healing. In Your Presence is peace that floods over my weary spirit and strengthens me. Bless You Lord for Your tender care.

I know so many who are overwhelmed with what has come their way. Life can be hard. But You teach us to focus our eyes on You, and You alone, and we will find peace that will guard our hearts. You teach us to think on those things that are lovely and pure and worthy of praise, and we will find peace that passes all understanding. You teach us to not be anxious about anything, but to give You thanks always so that we might live in Your peace. Lord, You are our peace. 

I ask that You reveal Yourself as the Prince of Peace to those who are hurting or overwhelmed or consumed by sorrow. Be their peace. Be their joy. Hide them beneath the shadow of Your wings until the calamities have passed them by. I ask that You heal their broken places, give them hope in place of despair, and Your perfect peace in place of alarm.

You are a good God - so good, so faithful, and so true. Thank You Lord. We stand amazed by Your love.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I can't find peace? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet) 

*******************************************************
Please do not carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at nan@jubilantlight.com  

~#~

 

No comments :

Post a Comment