Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Proven Word

"For You are my lamp, O Lord; The Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; By my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; The Word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."
2 Samuel 22:29-31)


The Light of Christ - the Word of God...I love to consider the Light of His Presence in my darkness. His Presence brings me peace.

"For You are my lamp, O Lord; The Lord shall enlighten my darkness."


When we consider the glory of the Lord, radiance comes to mind. The thought of His holiness creates images of brilliance and majesty.

Penetrating Light.
Consuming fire.
And then I consider His lamp.

God's lamp is His Word, Jesus Christ.
The Light of His Word is illuminated by the oil of the Holy Spirit, Who dwells in us. Three in One. One in Three. The intricacies of God are thrilling!

And His Word is proven.


Do you find yourself in a dark place? Are you overcome by an uncertain future? Have anxiety and depression become your constant companions?

Take hope.


His Word is proven.
His Word is a Light guiding you step by step. His Word is the lamp which illuminates the Presence of God in your darkness.

And His Word lives within you, Beloved.


I take such comfort in Your Presence, Lord. My darkness shrinks as Your Light shines within. You penetrate my fears. You erase my doubts and You hold me until I know that everything is going to be okay. I love You, Lord. And I love Your Word that teaches me Who You are.

No comments :

Post a Comment