Sunday, March 27, 2011

O God, You Are My God

"O God, You are my God: I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen You in the sanctuary and gazed upon Your power and glory.

"Your unfailing love is better than life itself; How I praise You! I will praise You as long as I live, lifting up my hands to You in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise You with songs of joy.

"I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You through the night. Because You are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings. I cling to You, Your strong right hand holds me securely."
(Psalm 63:1-8, The New Living Translation)


The subtitle reads, "Joy in the Fellowship of God, regarding a time when David was in the wilderness of Judah."


If only we would follow David's lead when we find ourselves in the wilderness.

SELAH.
Pause and calmly think about it.

Father, You are our strength. You are our joy. To You we offer our praise, especially in the wilderness - that sweet sacrifice of praise. We hunger after Your Word and thirst after Your Spirit. Just as David did, we long for You in a parched and weary land where there is no water. Father, You satisfy the longing soul. In the shadow of Your wings there is refuge and joy. Hide us there Lord while we rest and find our joy in You. Bless You, Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment