Monday, March 21, 2011

Shout Hallelujah!!

"Indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying: 'For He is good, for His mercy endures forever,' that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; For the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.

"Then Solomon spoke: 'The Lord said He would dwell in the dark cloud. I have surely built You an exalted house, and a place for You to dwell in forever.'"
(2 Chronicles 5:13-6:2)


I learned something new today.
I love it when that happens.

I have known that throughout the Old Testament, the Lord often revealed His Presence in a cloud. Perhaps the most noteworthy example is when He led the children of God through the desert with a cloud by day and a fire by night. Or, remember each time Moses went up on Mt. Sinai to meet with God, the cloud of the glory of the Lord descended upon the mountain? I don't know why, but each time I pictured this cloud, it was bright. Did you think the same thing? Well, apparently we were wrong.

"The Lord said He would dwell in the DARK cloud."


That verse threw me for a loop today.
God is Light and Love and all things wonderful, right?
Then why is He dwelling in a dark cloud?


Because of the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS LIGHT!

Have you ever noticed the clouds when the sun is right behind them? They are much darker than the clouds elsewhere in the sky. Why? Could it be the darkness is the shadow created by the bright light of the sun? Just sayin'. Could be. Probably is.

Exodus 20:21 reads, "And the people stood afar off, but Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was."


Again...darkness? My awesome God in darkness?

You and I are children of God and yet we all go through periods of darkness. Darkness is not a happy time. Darkness is pain and anguish.

BUT. We are children of God, locked into covenant with Him because of His love. He promises to never leave us, nor forsake us. His Spirit dwells within us. So...

Darkness?

If I understand that God is with me and yet I find myself in a dark place, could the darkness actually be because He is with me? God's brilliant Light of His Presence OVERSHADOWS the evil invading my life. The reality of my darkness becomes the reality of His Presence.


THE REALITY OF MY DARKNESS BECOMES THE REALITY OF HIS PRESENCE!


By George, I think I just discovered His Light in the darkness!
Now that is something to shout Hallelujah about! Any takers?

Father! Wow! Thank You for opening our eyes to see this Truth! I love it when that happens. I thought I understood about finding Your Light in the darkness - finding Your Presence in our struggles. But now, I have a new and better understanding. I can sense Your Spirit coming on the scene when Your child calls out to you and the brilliance of Your Light overtaking the evil darkness and becoming but a shadow of Your wing. Whoa...thank You Lord so much for this gift today. Bless You, Lord.

6 comments :

  1. THE REALITY OF MY DARKNESS BECOMES THE REALITY OF HIS PRESENCE!
    Whoot!! I'm shouting!!! It's the same phenomenon when I take pictures of the brilliant sunlight...what is in front of it turns up dark...like the outlines of trees, etc.!!
    Great thoughts and revelation, Sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid, I knew I could hear you shouting hallelujah!! Isn't that the coolest "aha"?!! I got so excited when the Lord showed me this. BTW...still praying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, the darkest moment in human history, when the Blameless Son of God hung on the Cross and the sky went dark in mourning, was to us the brightest moment ever! Because of that darkness, we are made in Christ the light of the world!
    Interesting that between "mourning" and "morning", only a letter is different. A "U". Your perspective makes a difference. Do you see the clouds or the sun/Son behind them?
    The Son (who is the sun we orbit around) suffered darkness for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CARINA!!!! That is AWESOME! The darkness of the world at that moment of Jesus' death could have been - most probably was - the shadow of our God overseeing the death of His Son which, like you said, became our brightest moment ever! Love it! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so wonderful when we read and God gives the insight we long and desire to see.God is not only in the light but also in the darkness,we should always remember this in times to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, sweetheart. Thank you for leaving a comment. I love you!

    ReplyDelete