Thursday, July 24, 2014

Finding His Presence ~ One Solitary Rose

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

The rosebush grew neglected in a thicket of underbrush. Chaos wrapped around its base while vines climbed and choked its branches with invasive tendrils. Devouring evidence of passing Japanese beetles pierced its tender leaves.

The rosebush was neglected. Broken. Choked by invading vines, and yet it bloomed.

One solitary rose.

The bloom stemmed from its base, near the roots where life was sustained. Petals of pink velvet peeked out from the chaos and declared who she is.

I want to be like that. No matter what destruction comes my way, what heartbreak, or utter chaos, I want to stretch out from my roots - my strong foundation - and show forth the glory of God.

I want to declare who I am - a daughter of the Most High God.

"I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness, 
and will hold your hand; 
I will keep you and give you as a covenant to the people, 
as a light to the Gentiles, to open blind eyes, 
to bring out prisoners from the prison, 
those who sit in darkness from the prison house. 
I am the Lord, that is My name; 
And my glory I will not give to another..." 
~Isaiah 42:6-8
 
************************************************
A Tweetable to Encourage Others


 


********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to be encouraged in the Lord as Aaron Keyes sings, "Psalm 62."


No comments :

Post a Comment