Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ Be At Rest

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Come to Me, My precious child, 
Come to Me and rest.
Your heart is heavy. Tired. Worn.
Come lean upon My breast.

Peace abides with Me, My child;
Assurance. Comfort. Calm.
Run to Me, call out My name,
Receive your healing balm.

This passage wide before you lies,
Tumultuous waves unfurl.
But never forget I hold your hand
Though anguish around doth swirl.

I'll part the raving sea for you,
I'll lead you on dry land.
Your enemies I will swallow up,
But you must hold fast my hand.
 
Look to Me sweet child of mine,
Look deep into My eyes.
I see your pain, your angst, your tears,
I hear your buried cries.

Do not wander left nor right,
But steady your heart on Me.
For surely My grip is tight on you,
So My face alone you see.

Beauty from ashes, life from death,
My covenant exchange endures.
Come to Me, My precious child,
My love, My peace assures.


"Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; 
He will answer him from His holy heaven 
with the saving strength of His right hand." 
~ Psalm 20:6

God's love is steadfast. He can reach you on your highest mountain. He runs to you in your lowest valley, pursuing you with His great love. I pray for you sweet friend. You are not alone in your struggle. The Lord our God is with you. Open your heart and let Him in.

****************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

Do you need for Father God to hold you? @NanJonesAuthor puts your hand in His. (Click to Tweet)

God runs to your lowest valley, pursuing you with His great love. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page. I'm featuring a beautiful song by Steve Green called "Be At Rest". I believe it will minister richly to you.

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful way to start the day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vonda. I'm so happy you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful poem Nan! I love it! And I love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcie girl, you little poet, you. It is YOUR poetry that inspires ME. I love you too :)

      Delete