Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finding His Presence ~ Stepping Through the Heavens

by Nan Jones  @NanJonesAuthor

I stood in the cool of the evening, in the shadows of the setting sun. It felt good just to breathe. To be still. To remember that He is God.


My shoulders relaxed as I tilted my head back and looked toward the heavens. A river of coral flowed through the sky. The clouds punctuated the dusk like staccato notes in a beautiful melody. But the clouds weren't scattered about. Though punctuated, they flowed in the shape of a winding path.

I was clearly reminded of the scripture in Nahum* that describes the clouds as the dust of the Lord's feet. I could picture Him stepping through the heavens along the winding coral path. I could picture Him coming to me in my time of need.

I cried out to the Lord my God,


"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! 
For my soul trusts in You; 
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, 
until these calamities have passed by." 
~ Psalm 57:1

And there on the edge of our bank I felt Him draw near. His Presence surrounded me. Comforted me. 

Gave me peace.

*Nahum 1:3

*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

Is it hard to trust God? @NanJonesAuthor offers insight. (Click to Tweet)

It felt good just to breathe. To be still. To remember that He is God. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page for a few moments of worship to the Lord. I'm featuring Aaron Shust singing "No One Higher." I think you'll love it's beautiful message.


2 comments :

  1. Rest in God Nan. He's never failed you, never forsaken you, never deserted you, never forgotten you and He's certainly not going to do so now. You are loved with an everlasting love. Be Encouraged sweet friend. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am encouraged. God is no respecter of persons so I know that He is faithful to all of His children. Everyone faces difficulties, but God is the sure place in the storm.

      Delete