Thursday, August 14, 2014

Finding God's Presence ~ Only In God

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I'm hiding beneath the shadow of the Lord's wing and thought you might want to join me. Come on, I'll scoot over...


This is what I'm asking of the Lord for this post: that you and I would be strengthened by the beauty of His Presence, that our hearts would be healed, that the chains of anger would be broken. 

Please take the time to listen to and worship with John Michael Talbot. He will usher you into the Presence of the Lord where there is peace and restoration.

"Then David spoke to the Lord the words of this song, on the day when the Lord had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul.

"And he said:

"'The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence. 
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.'"
~ 2 Samuel 22:1-4



"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, 
because His compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning; 
Great is Your faithfulness. 
'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him!' 

"The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, 
To the soul who seeks Him. 
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly 
For the salvation of the Lord." 
~ Lamentations 3:22-26

We must let go of everything so that God can work in anything. Whoever has God wants for nothing at all. God alone is enough.



"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, 
Who rides the heavens to help you, 
And in His excellency on the clouds. 
The eternal God is our refuge, 
And underneath are the everlasting arms; 
He will thrust out the enemy from before you, 
And will say, 'Destroy!'" 
~ Deuteronomy 33:26-27




Amen? Yes and amen. 

If God be for us, who can be against us? Nothing can ever separate us from His love, for it is from everlasting to everlasting. Rest in Him. You are His beloved and He is yours.

Yes, you are His beloved.

*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please, please visit the Morning Glory page for a very special worship experience with John Michael Talbot. God is waiting for you and He is waiting for me. He doesn't want us to carry our burdens alone. Won't you offer Him a few minutes and allow His sweet Holy Spirit to minister to you? Precious friend, you are loved. I am praying for you and I ask for your continued prayers for me. Bless you, Nan


No comments :

Post a Comment