Sunday, August 10, 2014

Where Is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones  @NanJonesAuthor

Father, Remind me of who I am. I am Yours, Lord. Your child. Your daughter. I belong to You and You belong to me. This, my heart knows well and yet it breaks. My heart screams for Your touch, for Your healing balm. 

I can't do this alone, Lord. I'm asking that You reach Your strong hand to mine and lift me up out of the miry clay that keeps me bound. Wash the residue of fear and doubt and anguish away from my spirit. Hold me, Lord, and keep me from the tongues that wag, from the lies that abound, from the hurt and betrayal that suffocate me. Oh God, please help me! Hold me Lord and rock me to sleep. I'm so tired and so weary. 

Please send Your ministering angels to my friends also. I know so many who feel as I do and yet we cling to You. We choose to trust You, our Father. I want to offer my broken heart to You - fully, really I do - and yet as I ride the roller coaster of emotions I angrily yank it back from Your hand. I'm sorry, Lord. I think there are many that understand this and perhaps do the same thing with their pain. Please forgive us, Lord. I know it hurts You when we can't leave our struggles in Your capable hands. I know that You weep when we weep. Heal us Lord and make us whole once more. We love You. You are our Mighty God, our Prince of Peace, and our Heavenly Father. Thank You for Your faithfulness to shield us and to hold up Your banner when the enemy comes in like a flood to destroy Your child. I feel safe in Your arms, Lord. Thank You. I love You.

Tweetables to Encourage Others

Where is God when your heart is breaking? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

I belong to You, Lord & You belong to me. This my heart knows well & yet it breaks. (Click to Tweet)

*****************************************************
Please don't carry your burden alone. I would be honored to pray with you. You may contact me at nan@jubilantlight.com

2 comments :

  1. A beautiful prayer to our powerful Father-God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you sweet friend. I can't wait to hug your neck soon. I love you.

      Delete