Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ Where is God While I Wait?

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I have the honor and privilege of speaking in Clewiston, Florida this weekend. The ladies of WINGS (Women in God's Service) are hosting a retreat for Christian women throughout their community. I'll be flying to Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday (March 19th) and returning on Sunday. I cherish your prayers during this time. If you're looking for a speaker for an upcoming event, I would love for you to prayerfully consider me.

I have felt the Lord bidding me to come to Him this week as I finish my preparations. I'm pressing into His Spirit, listening for His voice, His wisdom, and His discernment for the needs of the ladies who will be present. Because of this, I am rearranging my schedule this week and will not post Morning Glory again until next Tuesday, March 23rd.

While you're here, please take time to soak in some previous messages the Lord has given me. One of my favorites is The Chrysalis which explores the idea of waiting on God while we are in a time of transition. Waiting often involves dying to self and waiting for the beauty to rise from the ashes. That's no fun, is it? But when we open our eyes to find eternal purposes in our struggles, it helps us cope. I pray this message will be a source of encouragement to you.

May I pray for you?

Father, we praise Your holy Name! We exalt You Lord and bow before Your majesty. You are all-powerful, all-knowing and yet You delight in the camaraderie of Your children. I love that, Lord. I love how You care intimately for us - regardless of our need. Nothing is considered trivial to You if it is a concern of ours. I bring my friends before You - I bring their joys, their sorrows, their worries, and fears and, together, we lay them at Your feet. Nothing is too difficult for You, Lord. I ask that You show Yourself mighty in their lives as You meet their needs. Let them experience Your tender love as they witness Your mighty power. We love You so much Lord. It's such a blessing to be Your child. Thank You for making a way for us to know You.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God while I wait? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

****************************************************************
Guess what?! My first book, The Perils of a Pastor's Wife will be hitting the shelves soon! The copy I'm holding in this picture  was mailed out to beta readers last week to check for any final edits we may have missed. These edits will be applied in April and then we wait for our turn to launch. It's SO exciting! Be expecting The Perils of a Pastor's Wife sometime in June. I'll keep you posted. As always, prayers are appreciated. Sweet blessings to you.

No comments :

Post a Comment