Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Finding God's Presence ~ You Will Not Forget Me

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Guest Blogger, Natalie Wilson   @blessedbroken


I have recently become online friends with Natalie Wilson and have already been touched by her sweet spirit. Natalie and her husband, Jason, have been leading worship for twelve years, often contributing their original songs to the worship experience. Natalie and Jason write songs that capture the full picture of the walk of faith - the joy and hope God's love inspires and also the doubt and fear life in this broken world can bring. Their debut album, Refuge, was released on November 4, 2015. In the following devotion Natalie shares how she came to write You Will Not Forget Me, a featured song on Refuge. I know you will be blessed.

Welcome Natalie!


“Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:15-16

I read these words and wrestled with the ache in my chest as I felt pain from my childhood. There are times the wounds feel insurmountable; the pain as fresh today as it was 30 years ago. I asked the Lord, “Are you really like a breastfeeding mother? Why do I feel so forgotten? Why does it look like you have forgotten so many of your children here on earth? We are in pain! We need you desperately!” 

A gentle, kind voice led me to the phrase, even these may forget. “Yes Natalie, even those who are called to love and protect you may fail you and you will feel forgotten. That pain is real and justified. But, I am the Lord your God. Behold! Your pain, your name, your life, is so precious to me that I have engraved it on my hand. See, here you are. You are mine. I could never forget you. Never.”

The words washed over me and replaced the ache in my chest with a sense of warmth and security. I rested under the blanket of His unfailing love for me. It’s a gentle, kind, pursuing love that is not dependent on my understanding, or even my acceptance of it. It is always there, no matter what, because of Jesus Christ. 

I have moments like these when God’s love for me feels as close as the blanket on my lap. These are moments though, and they pass. The warm feelings fade as I face suffering and disappointment and fears that haunt my heart. I have to capture these moments in ways that help me remember His love. I have to remind my heart and mind and feelings that God is good. God is present. God is for me. God is faithful. God is Love. And so, to remind my own heart of this moment I wrote a song and titled it, You Will Not Forget Me. I hope that it will encourage your heart today as it has mine.

You Will Not Forget Me – by Blessed Are the Broken

  You will not forget me. You will not forget me
Though my hopes may fail, my tears they flood,
and my doubts stand tall, You will not forget me

Your love is my hope. It’s the only place to go.
Even when I can’t stand, You pursue with open hands.
You will not forget me. You will not forget me.
Though my health may fail, my fears run deep and
my affections wane, You will not forget me.

Your love is my hope. It’s the only place to go.
Even when I can’t stand, You pursue with open hands.

You will not forget me. You will not forget me.
Though my hopes may fail, my tears they flood and my doubts stand tall.
You will not forget me.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I feel forgotten? Guest Natalie Wilson @blessedbroken shares via @NanJonesAuthor (click to tweet)



Please take a moment to listen to this beautifully, powerful song.

***********************************************************
Meet Natalie and Jason
(Blessed Are the Broken): 


Husband and wife, Jason and Natalie Wilson, have been leading worship together for 12 years. After years of leading with other artist's songs they felt a calling to begin contributing songs of their own to worship services. Their song writing began with a desire to create the songs of wrestling and lament that were hard to find in the traditional worship repertoire.  They wanted to write songs that captured the full picture of the walk of faith - the joy and hope God's love inspires and also the doubt and fear life in this broken world can bring. They began playing original worship songs while leading their congregation and were encouraged to record a full-length album. Don Chaffer (Waterdeep) agreed to come alongside as their producer and November 4th, 2015 the debut album, Refuge was released. Jason and Natalie have written songs of praise and songs of lament, songs of wrestling and songs of faith. The lyrics were inspired by great Fathers of the faith such as St. Augustine and King David, and from the pain and joy they have personally experienced in their walk with the Lord. 

To connect with Natalie and Jason:

website:
 www.blessedarethebroken.com/

Youtube:
Blessed Are The Broken 


 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blessedarethebroken?_rdr=p


To Purchase their music:
  
Amazon:   


~#~ 







No comments :

Post a Comment