Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scriptures of Healing ~ Dandelion Seeds

Like the seeds of the dandelion skipping on the wind, the prayers of the people traveled to the Father, creating a "cloud of witnesses" (so to speak) on my behalf. One by one these tiny seeds of faith surrounded His throne carrying a plea for His healing touch.


I wasn't dreaming, yet this image filled my mind as I drifted off to sleep Saturday night.

Bronchitis attacked me last week. Nothing overly serious. High fever. Horrible cough. Headache. Nothing compared to what others face on a regular basis. But, you know how Satan knows where our weak links are - those proverbial chinks in our armor - and creates a strategic attack based on that area of weakness? He is a slimy scoundrel, isn't he? 

Satan went after my weak link.

I used to get bronchitis every year, especially as a younger adult. The bronchitis sent me into horrific coughing spells that literally closed off my airways. It was terrifying. I don't have asthma, but this must be what asthma sufferers experience. I had to learn how to not panic and make myself relax until the bronchial spasm was over. These coughing spells scared me to pieces.

Saturday evening I cuddled up on the couch. David and I were sharing conversation when a silly giggle exploded my lungs. Hacking. Wheezing. A chilling blanket of fear descended upon me.

Satan knew just what he was doing. He knew I was terrified of these coughing spells.

David prayed for me and the cough subsided, but not my fear. I was afraid to go to bed. The Lord prompted me to request prayer on facebook. Resistance drummed through my heart. Airing my personal life on facebook does not come easy to me because of past wounds brought on through ministry. But God wouldn't let up with His insistence.

So I obeyed.

I felt led to be specific regarding the fear, so with hesitation, I exposed Satan's strategy of terrifying me with these coughing spells. I brought my fear before the Light of grace and friendship and love. I asked for prayer especially concerning my fear.

Turning off the computer, I knew in my heart of hearts that my friends would respond.

The pillows felt soft and cool beneath my fevered face. I pulled the covers up under my chin, and felt my entire body relax. With eyes closed, I saw the image of the dandelion seeds skipping one by one on the wind toward heaven. I knew those little seeds represented seeds of faith on my behalf. Seeds of comfort. Seeds of love.

All for me.

I drifted to sleep, held in the arms of Jesus. No fear. No coughing spells. Peace throughout the night.

Isn't that beautiful? The power of prayer. The power of love. Faith. One by one our prayers go before the Father, a sweet aroma to Him, an offering of trust in His faithfulness. When joined with others on behalf of the one, imagine the great cloud created calling out our sister's name. Our brother's name. Imagine the Most High God rising from His throne in response to the petitioners' pleas - rising to meet the need.

"Hear my cry, O God; 
Attend to my prayer. 
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy."
~ Psalm 61:1-3
 
*********************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

Our prayers go before the Father, an offering of trust in His faithfulness. (Click to Tweet)

Imagine the Most High God rising from His throne in response to your cry. (Click to Tweet)



Father God, I praise You for Your faithfulness. Thank You for the image of each single prayer drifting towards You and accumulating before Your throne. Thank You. You are an awesome God. Stir our spirits to realize the power in prayer - not as a cliche`, but in actuality. It seems we think on prayer like it's a mere grocery list or a note to a neighbor. I know I'm guilty. But, Lord, our prayers are connecting us to YOU - the Creator of the Universe, All-powerful, All-mighty, All-merciful God!! That's amazing. AND, You listen when we cry out to You. You listen because You love us. Thank You, Lord. Thank You for Your love.
*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page to be strengthened by the music of Chris Tomlin as he sings, "Whom Shall I Fear". This will get your spirit going **wink**

No comments :

Post a Comment