Thursday, April 10, 2014

Scriptures of Encouragement ~ The Works of God

by Nan Jones

The stiff breeze rustled through the treetops. The evergreens swayed in rhythm to the strong bursts of air while, from a distance, it appeared that the oaks and locusts of the forest stood still in their nakedness. It appeared they had no response to the presence of the wind.

But the pines and hemlocks ... oh my! They were "clapping their hands with joy" as the bible says. Boldly. Loudly. Obviously.

As Blue and I walked closer to the forest edge, my eyes followed the jubilee in the treetops. Part of me wanted to scorn the bare branches that stood idle, the ones missing the joy of dancing with the wind. 

But then I looked closer.

The oaks and locusts were swaying gently, quietly in the breeze. Not only that, but on their spindly fingertips were tiny buds preparing to pop with the breath of spring. New life stood at the edge of a stark winter, hailing its demise. They recognized the wind and bowed to its presence. A soft stirring filtered through the naked branches - the ones baring their vulnerabilities before the piercing blue sky.

Perhaps the quiet praise of the oaks and locusts rose to the heavens as a sweet aroma of sacrifice.

Perhaps my quiet praise to a faithful God rises to the heavens on the wisps of sweet fragrance before Him. As I stand vulnerable before the Lord, surrounded by the exuberant praise of those who have not suffered the harsh winter season, I wonder if my praise is enough - if my thankfulness honors my God. 


"As you do not know what is the way of the wind, 
or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, 
so you do not know the works of God who makes everything." 
~ Ecclesiastes 11:5

The works of God.

The works responding in quiet, heartfelt praise.

The works responding with the fragile buds born of winter endurance.

The works responding with a deep knowing between Almighty God and me.

Selah

******************************************************
Tweetables to Encourage Others

New life stood at the edge of a stark winter, hailing its demise. (Click to Tweet)

My quiet praise to a faithful God rises on the wisps of sweet fragrance before Him. (Click to Tweet)

The work of God in me responds like the fragile buds born of winter endurance that bring new life. (Click to Tweet)



*********************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory page. I'm featuring Kristyn Getty singing "Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God." I LOVE to hear this girl sing. She carries me straight to the throne room of God.

No comments :

Post a Comment