Thursday, January 8, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ He Will Quiet You With His Love

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Tears rolled from my cheek to the pillow. I lay with my heart broken in two again - shattered, vulnerable, fragile. I tugged on the blanket and tucked it beneath my chin to keep out winter's chill and to guard me against the cold winter of my soul.

I felt so alone. Sorrow beyond my wildest dreams buried me in a cacophony of silent screams and torments.

Jesus. That's all I could pray. 

Jesus. 

I closed my eyes and tugged on the blanket once more. Jesus.

And then the most tender ... beautiful ... amazing thing happened. I heard singing. Not out loud, but in my spirit. Like a lullaby drifting along heaven's shores came the words, "I will sing over you." Over and over I heard the melody and lyrics, "I will sing over you."

I felt in awe at the wonder of the Lord. Could He possibly love me so tenderly as to sing a lullaby to soothe my broken heart? Peace settled upon me as I listened and marveled at His goodness. Then an image came into view. In my mind's eye I watched as the Lord spread His wing over me and sheltered me from the pain. The image was so clear. I actually saw the wing unfold.

And in the background the song continued, "I will sing over you."

My heart stopped its racing. My tears stopped their flowing, and I felt the tension leave my body as I basked in God's Presence.


"The Lord your God in your midst, 
the Mighty One, will save; 
He will rejoice over you with gladness, 
He will quiet you with His love, 
He will rejoice over you with singing." 
~ Zephaniah 3:17

I fell into a sweet sleep, quiet in His love.

**********************************************
A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm broken? @NanJonesAuthor shares personal stuff. (Click to Tweet)



******************************************************
If you received Morning Glory via email, please visit the Morning Glory  page for a blessing. I'm featuring Bethany Dillon and Nichole Nordeman singing, "Sing Over Me." I believe it will give you strength for the journey.


2 comments :

  1. That's such a beautiful song and what a beautiful testimony to how our Lord takes care of us in our time of greatest need. I know you will treasure this for the rest of your life. I love you Nan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, I love that verse and the promise of the Lord singing over us. When I awake in the morning and in the middle of the night, sometimes throughout the day. It's an awesome encouragement to hear the Lord's song and it's always within the context of my life experience. So glad He's singing over you

    ReplyDelete