Sunday, January 18, 2015

Where Is God? Sunday Glimpses

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, You are my Rock. You, O Lord, are my anchor when I feel tossed and thrown about by the unexpected. You are my sure place, my constant in an ever-changing world. I am so thankful for You. How wonderful to know that I can depend on You. Even when things make no sense, I can still trust You and know that You are by my side. Thank You, Lord. 

You are teaching me the lessons of a thankful heart - how a thankful heart defeats anxiety and depression. You are teaching me that a thankful heart guards my spirit with Your perfect peace. Please help my friends learn the lesson of a thankful heart too. Stir that truth within them and help them make that choice daily. It really is all about choice, isn't it Lord? You have so many keys to the kingdom to help us navigate the stresses in our life, but we have to choose to use them, especially when we don't want to. 

Why are we so stubborn, Lord? Please forgive us for being a stiff-necked people. Soften our hearts to do Your will, to submit to Your authority, to be pliable in Your hands. Mold us Lord. Shape us into vessels for Your glory. Open our eyes to see You in our midst. Let us feel the touch of Your hand on ours when we can't find our way. Thank You for Your love, Your grace, Your mercy, and Your provision. When we can't praise You for our circumstances, we can always praise You for who You are. Bless You Lord. We exalt Your Holy Name!

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when the road gets hard? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me at nan@jubilantlight.com

No comments :

Post a Comment