Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ God Drew Near

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

I lay my head against the shower stall as a torrent of tears blended with the cleansing water. My heart was bleeding once again, pouring from the broken places. Sorrow overwhelmed me, weakness taunted me.

Out of the depths of my being came the song, "Bless the Lord O my soul, O my soul. Worship His Holy Name ... "

I cried harder, the melody choking in my sobs. But as I sang, God's Presence drew near. He enveloped me. He calmed me. He reminded me that I belong to Him.

Praise is what broke the chain that entangled me ...heartfelt praise from the crevices shattering my heart. And in that praise, God drew near.

Sweet friend, God is no respecter of persons - what He has done for me, He will do for you. When we can't praise Him for our circumstances, we can always praise Him for who He is. 

Won't you praise Him today? He promises to break every chain that keeps us bound.

 "He led them from the darkness and deepest gloom;
    He snapped their chains. 
 Let them praise the Lord for His great love
    and for the wonderful things 
He has done for them."
~Psalm 107:14-15, NLT

Where is God when my heart is broken? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

***********************************************************
Are you a pastor's wife or is there a pastor's wife in your world that you want to encourage? Perhaps you are a woman in ministry or life has been so difficult that it seems as though God has abandoned you. I would love for you to check out my book, The Perils of a Pastor's Wife, released on June 30th. It is a source of comfort, understanding, a few giggles and the raw emotions of authentic pain.

The Perils of a Pastor's Wife

Available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble
 

1 comment :

  1. A wonderful reminder of how praising and thanking the Lord, even when we don't want to or can't seem to find a way to, can bring us to a place of calm and healing. Thank you dear friend :-)

    ReplyDelete