Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Finding God's Presence ~ Seasons Change. Transitions Come.

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

An occasional red leaf tinged in yellow shows off in the midst of green leaves clinging to summer. Chilly mountain mornings belie the humid, hot afternoons, and watermelons vie for attention in the noise of pumpkin this and pumpkin that.

Seasons change. Transitions come.

And the Word of the Lord never fails. Not ever.

My life has been tumultuous and broken over the past year. The season of struggle almost did me in, transitions kept me tied up in knots.

But God's Word never failed me.  Not ever.

And just as the exquisite reds, oranges, and golds of autumn prepare to wrap our mountain ridges in its glorious cloak of color, I'm learning that the leaves are preparing to let go - to get ready for the next season. And in their preparation, there is beauty. It's not all at once. It begins like a trickle, a slow realization that change is coming. A crimson leaf here. A leaf of stunning apricot there. But it's color - beautiful color - all the same.

"The trees are about to show us how lovely it is to let the dead things go" (author unknown).

I'm learning to do the same.
  
"I’m not saying that I have this all together, 
that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. 

Friends, don’t get me wrong: 
By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. 
I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back." 
~ Philippians 3:12-14, MSG

A Tweetable to Encourage Others


***************************************************



       The Perils 

of a Pastor's Wife
     by Nan Jones

Available on Amazon

 

 

2 comments :

  1. Your words remind me...Great is Thy faithfulness...morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me. Transitions are never easy, with them come many new burdens and healings but in the end God shows us His power and might and we can look back on it all to see His footprints each step of the way. I'm praying for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my all-time favorite hymns. And yes! He is faithful. He is the constant in the midst of our change. Thank you for your prayers. I love you too.

      Delete